Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As discussed in another thread, I rebuilt my fuel bowl and have new fuel pump installed, but CAN NOT get the banjo bolt to thread back up.

Is there anyone in Minneapolis that has done this that wants to help me (for some money of course)?

thanks.

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
sorry, not in the area, but that thing is a dumb bast**d. i had no problems getting mine off during a fuel bowl delete that i did, but realized i was very glad i did not have to put it back on.

is your bowl bolted down? if so try unbolting it so you canmove it around...

·
Premium Member
31,729 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
just did mine on my 96 last week. on this truck I had to tighten the fuel pump all the way down. then start the banjo bolt by hand and it went it very easy.

my last psd a 97 model i had to leave the fuel pump bolts out and start the banjo bolt that way..

lucky for me i have very small hands to i was able to stick two fingers down on bolt and start it by hand both time instead of wrenching it one tooth at a time.

if i was close by man i would definitely come and help ya out. i know it can be frustrating. afterwards just sit back an have an ice cold adult beverage!! :thumb:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts