Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally bit the bullet and installed this today. I have heard that the suction cup on the mini maxx does not do well so I decided to install in different spot.

Attachments

·
Don't you worry about it
8,335 Posts
I've heard that to but mine has never come off since the day I put it on over a year ago haha. Of course it will fall of tomorrow now that I've said that...

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
It's all on how ya do it. If you clean the window really good, and clean the suction cup then stick it on there the it does fine but it won't stick on a dirty window. Mine hasn't came off yet, btw is that The mount for the edge? Looks good

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's all on how ya do it. If you clean the window really good, and clean the suction cup then stick it on there the it does fine but it won't stick on a dirty window. Mine hasn't came off yet, btw is that The mount for the edge? Looks good
Yes that's the edge mount just had to use a dremel and round out the center a little .
Thx

·
Registered
833 Posts
Looks good man, never thought of using an Edge mount with the Mini, but looks liek it works.

BTW- The new H&S mounts are VERY nice for the Black/Mini Maxx, a huge improvement over the old pod.
What do these mounts look like?

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
Looks good man, never thought of using an Edge mount with the Mini, but looks liek it works.

BTW- The new H&S mounts are VERY nice for the Black/Mini Maxx, a huge improvement over the old pod.
Got a link? I wouldnt mind a different mount. :D

·
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel
4,156 Posts
Nice install, I did similar, I used the mini max dash mount with a little drimmel and fab work.

Sent from iPhone

·
Registered
994 Posts
How do the new mounts lock Into place?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 11 of 11 Posts