Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if there is a significant difference besides the size of each unit and which one is easier to program or to deal with.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Nope, only difference is size. Same programming, same idea. I got the black maxx because I wanted the bigger screen but looking back I should have just got the mini maxx and used the extra cash for something else.

Sent with my mind using ESP.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I think they stop making the black maxx, because I wnated one and H&S said they were not making them at this time. But very happy with the minn maxx

·
Premium Member
5,682 Posts
Nope, only difference is size. Same programming, same idea. I got the black maxx because I wanted the bigger screen but looking back I should have just got the mini maxx and used the extra cash for something else.

Sent with my mind using ESP.
Wanna trade with some boot on my end? :D

·
Registered
994 Posts
Mini maxx. Black is too big IMHO.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
They discontinued the black maxx because they are coming out with something new. I hope it's good. I may be buying another edge cts and running that for monitoring instead of my mini maxx. I want the back up camera again

·
Premium Member
2,374 Posts
the old version is completely out of stock everywhere and discontinued. H&S is working on a new Black Maxx unit that is rumored to have a 5" touch screen and a few cool new features as well. A release date has not been set yet, we havent even seen them so it could be a while.

The Mini Maxx has the same exact functionality as the old Black Maxx, the only difference being the screen size. The Mini Maxx is the best value on the market, it is tough to beat with all of its features, pricing, and tech support should anything ever go wrong. Some feel the monitor is a bit small, but what they dont realize is you very rarely look at the monitor anyway since it has built in safety features. Theres no need to stare at it all the time, it will let you know if you are getting close to the red.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts