Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got around to deleting last night and LOVE the end result. I just have one question about the mini max I hooked it up to the purple wire under the steering wheel and it gets power with the key but when you turn over the starter the mini max goes off and comes back on. Truck runs fine and mini works great but I thought it was supposed to keep power even during turning over the engine.

Thanks in advance,

·
Registered
799 Posts
That is normal-every one i have installed does that. i never had any issues with my own truck. Some guys are paranoid and go over to the fuse box and get a constant power. i don't think its necessary.

kind of like your stereo or power windows dont stay on during cranking.

·
Registered
348 Posts
^^^ what he said

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok I just wanted to make sure. I had a mini on my 2011 Dodge CTD and it was ran to the fuse box so I guess thats where I thought something was wrong with this one due to it not staying on.

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aight guys one more question. What kind of egt temps do y'all see? I'm running the mild tune on wild and when I get down on it the highest the egt's got to was 1200 an cruising at 70mph it stays at about 700-800 degrees. Do the numbers sound right? An where is the probe on the 6.4L?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I have only gone wot a couple times but the highest I got was 1500 on the hd300. Cruising I see 520-700 on the highway. I think the probe is in the passenger side up pipe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts