Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, just got a mini max and was wondering what exhust i should get. I have an AFE intake as well.
option 1 turbo back
option 2 dpf delete
option 3 dpf and cat delete
Option 4 down pipe
Im leaning to the first but not sure about cutting the stock turbo pipe out as i think you have do do this.
Anyone done these mods?
any info would be appriciated,

Thank you

·
Registered
640 Posts
I've done the mini and S&B intake. I only did the DPF delete because Im still under warranty. I'm actually going to put the DPF back on due to an oil leak. My understanding of a turbo back exhaust is that you have to use a sawz all to cut the down pipe out. The DPF delete takes about an hour or two depending on whether you are experienced and if you're doing it with a helping hand. I love the way it sounds with the turbos though!

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Just get a downpipe back exhaust if your worried about warrenty. No Cutting of anything, everything just bolts on/off. If you do not have a warrenty then option 1 for sure!

I would not get Option 2 or 3, as you will regret not doing the full exhaust in the future. I love the throaty sound you get with a straight pipe.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for all your input, I went with an AFE down pipe 4" and mini max and AFE intake. Love it and works like a dream. Wish I done it sooner. Fuel mileage seems to be a lot better and will post what I'm getting when I work it out. Just a question on engine oil. Should I be going syn 5/40 for all this? I'm using 15/40 now not syn and just changed the oil before mods. I'm in Calgary and it cools down, never had a diesel before out here.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Thanks for all your input, I went with an AFE down pipe 4" and mini max and AFE intake. Love it and works like a dream. Wish I done it sooner. Fuel mileage seems to be a lot better and will post what I'm getting when I work it out. Just a question on engine oil. Should I be going syn 5/40 for all this? I'm using 15/40 now not syn and just changed the oil before mods. I'm in Calgary and it cools down, never had a diesel before out here.
Good setup...you'll love it! :thumb:

·
Registered
268 Posts
David66, I have read that now that the mods are complete, change your oil again as you still may have some fuel in the oil. I also have heard that going synthetic will be beneficial now that your deleted.

·
Premium Member
2,374 Posts
The best setup is going to be a turbo back kit that retains the factory flange at the bottom of the down pipe. This will allow you to put the emissions equipment back in place. That being said, most people start out with a 4" or 5" down pipe back exhaust, then add the down pipe later.

Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts