Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever used the mini light bar with reverse lights from Recon on their superduty? (Ive searched and couldnt find anything, so if theres a thread on it I must have over looked it)
Heres a link:
Part # 26418BKW - SMOKED 15" Mini LED Tailgate Bar w Reverse

Anyways, Ive been thinking about getting one to mount under the tail gate. Mostly so I can have the reverse lights when Im backing up. With my tails being tinted its a mofo to see at night when backing up! My plan was to buy the "smoked" light so hopefully you cant even see it under there unless its turned on. I will probably just wire up the 3 running lights as well as the reverse lights. I dont really want it to come on when hitting the brakes or turn signal. Just wondering if anyone else had one on their truck and if you like it etc. I know a lot of guys have trouble with Recon lights as well. Thanks fellas!

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Curious as to how these mini bars look. Was thinking of putting a couple on either side of the tailgate lip since I already have a lightbar in the center. As far as issues with Recon, I too read the same threads but I still decided to take the plunge and bought their taillights, thrid brake light, and mirror lights. Have had no issues with them flickering or dead LEDs. I have seen dead LEDs on some of the full length tailgate bars though and the Big Rig lights. I had an unrelated issue with my taillight and they replaced it. I'd buy from them again.

·
Premium Member
2,783 Posts
For the most part I cant really say anything about the small tailgate strips, only trucks I've seen them on are dually's with one in the center, looks pretty good. I prefer the bigger ones. As far as quality goes I have one of Recons' lightbars that have both the tail and reverse lights and its lasted 6 yrs and 2 trucks. So they are pretty solid in my book, Their 3rd brake lights on the other hand are garbage, IMHO. Had one on my 06, was a smoked LED one, lasted 2 months then one row of LEDs went and then another 1 more month. But Recons' LED bulbs for the cab lights are great, and same with the mirror lenses.

James.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Curious as to how these mini bars look. Was thinking of putting a couple on either side of the tailgate lip since I already have a lightbar in the center. As far as issues with Recon, I too read the same threads but I still decided to take the plunge and bought their taillights, thrid brake light, and mirror lights. Have had no issues with them flickering or dead LEDs. I have seen dead LEDs on some of the full length tailgate bars though and the Big Rig lights. I had an unrelated issue with my taillight and they replaced it. I'd buy from them again.
Don't you have enough lights on the back end of that thing :poke:

Hahaha :rofl:

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Don't you have enough lights on the back end of that thing :poke:

Hahaha :rofl:
You can never have enough lights. At least, that's the way I think. Makes hunting, driving through the bush, and hanging around the ranch a lot easier when you can see just as well at night as during the day. I want the Recon mini bars that don't have the white revers lights. At least, I think that's what I want. Maybe once I see these, I'll cave and get the bars that have the reverse lights.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
You can never have enough lights. At least, that's the way I think. Makes hunting, driving through the bush, and hanging around the ranch a lot easier when you can see just as well at night as during the day. I want the Recon mini bars that don't have the white revers lights. At least, I think that's what I want. Maybe once I see these, I'll cave and get the bars that have the reverse lights.
I know. I love lights. I would love to do some running lights down the side. I installed the oem dually clearance light that goes under the tailgate on my 2010. It looks good but I still wish I had something that kit up all the way across the tailgate

·
Registered
3 Posts
I know. I love lights. I would love to do some running lights down the side. I installed the oem dually clearance light that goes under the tailgate on my 2010. It looks good but I still wish I had something that kit up all the way across the tailgate
where did you get the factory light?

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
where did you get the factory light?
I bought it directly from ford, I don't know the part number off hand but I can find it if ya send me a pm. All you have to do is tap into the license plate lights and your set

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Anyone know how these lightbars are wired? Was thinking of running two of them but am unsure if I can wire them so I can get all the LEDs as running lights, brake lights, and turn signals. Recon's site recommends three of them but I don't see why people would want what's in the picture below if they have multiple lightbars.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but Im looking for one of those 3 light, light bars....the ones you see on duallies all the time...anyone know where I could ordered one....don't really got a ford dealer to use...

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but Im looking for one of those 3 light, light bars....the ones you see on duallies all the time...anyone know where I could ordered one....don't really got a ford dealer to use...
Sunrise Ford Parts can ship you one direct to your door. They're a site sponsor too. I've used them before with no issue. The part number is F81Z15444AA

·
Premium Member
10,821 Posts
Truck-Lite ID bar is cheaper. Swap in some LED lights and it's awesome.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
That's what I ended up buying, found it on eBay and thought for under 20 bucks it's worth a try....and looks like it might line up with the factory holes...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts