Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi i have a 97 f250 and the oil is milky and have been told different things from different people like it could be the head gasket or the injector o'rings or the oil cooler any idea would be a big help
thanks

·
HardLuck Case of the Year
3,541 Posts
Headgasket go boom and coolent got into the cylinders.

·
Registered
65 Posts
hi i have a 97 f250 and the oil is milky and have been told different things from different people like it could be the head gasket or the injector o'rings or the oil cooler any idea would be a big help
thanks
If it runs ok & there isn't bunch of steam coming from the exaust , the oil cooler may be a good place to start, alot less work.... Do you have a way to pressurize the system?...A head gasket will usually over pressurize & blow coolant out of the fill opening....

Have you been needing to add coolant?....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have had to add coolant and there is no steam out of the exhaust, thanks I'll put off the cooler and get it checked a hell of alot easier.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
had the cooler checked came back ok so i pulled the heads off and found a split bore, so now i have to buy another engine, i have located a 00' 7.3 but don't if it will work in mine or is it a differant set up ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts