Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I know why I have oil in my coolant. My oil cooler popped. Had it replaced completely. I flushed the coolant system once after that, but clearly I need to flush it again. I hear some people say that you have to replace your hoses, etc. (Difficulty? Cost? Which ones?)

I just want to know from you guys what is the best strategy for flushing, and where is the drain for the coolant? I've heard people say laundry detergent, I've heard dish soap, I don't know if I trust any of that. But clearly, the first flush I did with water wasn't enough to fix the problem.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Well i know in the 6.30's we used VC9 additive in the coolant resevoir and water, let it heat up and run for 15-20 mins. then drain and fill back up with water, then run again, then drain and refil with coolant.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well i know in the 6.30's we used VC9 additive in the coolant resevoir and water, let it heat up and run for 15-20 mins. then drain and fill back up with water, then run again, then drain and refil with coolant.
Anyone with a 7.3 know if that sounds like the right strategy? Seems logical to me, but then again, I'm new to this.

·
Registered
5,689 Posts
We used to use restore.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts