Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 08 F250 with a 8in rize lift, I am in the market for new tires and was looking into military tires
What is the biggest tire i can clear?
has anyone tried the XZL michelins vs the XML?
here is a list at what im looking at- Michelins -
I have 20in cobra rims not sure on the offset i will get that info, will these tires fit my rims?
Just thought i would find some answers before i fork out the cash

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Well I'm guessing from your avatar your trucks an 08+. If so I know with a leveling kit our trucks can run 35's, a leveling kit is 2-3 In's so I would say with an 8" lift you should be able to run 40's. Maby someone with a little more knowledge will chime in.

But I have to wonder, how much do those dam things weigh? I bet they are a fair bit more than "std" 40's. Here is something I can tell you, you will need better brakes (assuming they weigh what I think they do), it will ride harsh (very little flex with 5K load rating), and those might just be impossible to balance (might be possible with balancing beads). Good luck driving those down the highway. Check the speed rating if you want to drive them down the road (at speeds greater than say 55mph).

But with all that out of the way, what tires are you running now, and how much clearance at full lock do you have? How wide are your rims?

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
I know a few people running them they are very quiet and smooth and not all that heavy compared to std 40s

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Yea I'm running 35s on stock rims when they wear out I'm gonna go with 37 inch military tires a set like new is like 500 bucks and they last forever

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 6 of 6 Posts