Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,004 Posts
Ya how do you become a military member?
under user control panel on the left hand side there will a thing called groups, there should be an option to select like military member, if you want I can take a screen shot of where it is at

·
Registered
297 Posts
Reactions: Gadgetguru

·
Registered
47 Posts
These links don't work anymore, you guys still selling these?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thanks Junior

·
Registered
347 Posts
There should be a recruiter station within a hours drive of you. :rofl:
It's a trap! They'll send you somewhere like here rather than somewhere fun! Lol.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I was sent to Arizona then to another desert to just come back to Arizona :mad:

It wasn't all that bad though, there was a lot of cool stuff to do around Tucson/Phoenix. :nod:

·
Registered
347 Posts
Huachuca isn't bad, I grew up in the area and worked there. Then we went to Fort Drum, Fort Carson, back to Fort Drum, and now here to Fort Bliss.

I'll take ANYWHERE over Fort Drum. Bliss sucks because El Paso sucks.

·
Registered
458 Posts
HAHA best thing about EL Paso is when you get to the other side passing through it, I was AF so I was at Davis Monthan but would have taken a lot of places other than that base.

Although there were a lot of awesome things to do within about an 8 hour drive so I couldn't complain much.

Only pulled a 6 year enlistment and decided to separate versus renew cause I didn't like how things were going plus I had seen everyone in my flight change about 3 times over to new people cause I never got a BOP or PCS any where else. Only thing I had different was my deployment I volunteered for and only had one, volunteered for about 4 more after that but they would never take me.

Just decided to get out since we had a daughter on the way but now kinda wish I had stayed in the service cause I miss it and it was the only steady career ive ever had. Cant get hired anywhere else and the places I can either have crappy, unruly, law breaking, back talking co workers that don't give two ****s about their job or what their doing or the job cant support a family on its pay.

But hey KCCO right Keep Calm and Chive On. There is a light somewhere in the tunnel I just gotta open my eyes hahaha.

·
Registered
347 Posts
True story here...
My mom went up to Tucson to do shopping. She got turned around and forced into the gate at Davis Monthan (I think the one off Valencia Rd). She had a gun in the car but no way to turn around.

Y'alls MP's detained her for hours. Just happened to be the day GW Bush was visiting DM, lol. She ended up calling me at work at Huachuca all panicked since they wouldn't let her leave.

My kids have lived at 4 different duty stations and my oldest has gone to...8 different schools? He's in 6th grade. I've spent my entire adult life being moved around and waiting for my husband to come home. Kind of burns you out after awhile and I'm looking forward to the day that he retires (4ish more years) and we can settle somewhere permanently.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Yeah the closed that gate a long while back hahaha, and I guarantee its because the MPs were bored and had nothing better to do. Also the visiting prez didn't help matters at all.

The moving around is why I decided to get out, I was at the same base for 6 years but didn't want to have to uproot all the time(spent the entire 6 years trying to get another base, wouldn't even send me to Korea for a short or long tour).

21 - 34 of 34 Posts