Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is the second time i had this happen. i stopped to get some fuel, (yes i turned the truck off) when i went to start the truck up, the miles to empty never changed it kept running from where stopped. the last time i had this problem was after they changed the o-ring on my fuel tank because of leak. went to fill up, the fuel gauge read fuel but the idiot guage with the miles to empty never went up. has anyone had this happen to them? truck is still under warranty thank goodness, but i wondered if anyone has had the same thing happen and what it was. oh by the way the first time the tech said he forgot to reset something, but this time they dont know why its doing it.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Mine does the some thing on my 2000, it will reset itself it just takes a while. I would check your owner's manual i know it explains it in there. Hope this helps. I think it is some type of delay or something.?..

·
Registered
467 Posts
that thing is so screwbally its a joke

somedays it says i have 600 miles to empty

today with 1/4 tank it said 0 miles the whole way home, who knows?!??!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well they fixed it, they had no codes or info on fords hotline, so they disconnected the battery and it reset.

sounds like microsoft made the computers for ford if you have to reboot your truck to make it work correctly::doh:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts