Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have heard it all about the 2008 6.4L mileage sucking terribly. My question is how bad is everyone getting with oversized tires? Truck is Brand new and I have put 4500 miles on it so it is no where near broken in and I realize this. I replaced the stock 265s with 38x14.50R20 and an 8" lift. Tires went on at 500 miles...avg over the first 2000 miles was 9.6 or so, and last 2000 has been about 10.4. Probably 60/40 highway/city mix. Is something wrong? I figures even with the tires and a non-broken in motor I would be at least 12.5 -13??

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
There are so many wild variations in what people are getting it's hard to believe. Unless it's smoking or something else noticeably wrong your just going to have to learn to drive it to get the most out of it. Some people have great success with certain mods while others report no difference.

·
Registered
387 Posts
If you're running 38's with 3.73 gears you probably will not get much more mileage than that, especially with that much city driving. You're pushing a lot of air with that truck and it's gotta work a lot harder.

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
If you're running 38's with 3.73 gears you probably will not get much more mileage than that, especially with that much city driving. You're pushing a lot of air with that truck and it's gotta work a lot harder.
you say pushing air...
I say totin that rear seat. I had my entire rear seat out earlier this month
and I'll tell you it weighs more than both front seats together I'd say and easy
125lbs.? prob worth .0001 mph savings? :doh:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts