Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Stupidity pisses me off
3,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of mileage are y'all seeing with your 6 oh? motor has approx. 100K on it and it has seemed to drop quite a bit, averaging around 14. Stock air filter, straight pipe exhaust no chip or programmer. Wondering whats going on. Thanks.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I see the same with mainly city driving mixed with a little highway driving and mine has a tow tune, ficm tuning, aftermarket exhaust, and larger turbo but what I like is when I tow my fifth wheel I still get 12.5 to 13 mpg.

·
Registered
103 Posts
My truck has 128K on it. All stock other than turbo back exhaust. Overall, I've been averaging around 16mpg. I see about 14 around town, but I usually get 18+ on the highway.

·
california deplorable
10,626 Posts
i stopped paying attention to be honest..
i do mostly highway and was getting around 18 last time i pad real close attention to it somedays better some worse and worse on winter blend but...
i think it as dropped off a bit of late but...
i figure a trucks weighing in at 9000#....isnt going to be like my old volkswagon :hehe:
i would like to get into a better range with a ficm tune but havent played that game just yet...

Reactions: Luke Dukem

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mine has 159,000 on it. A 2006 6.0L F-250 and I get between 24 & 26 on the highway. It has been bullet proofed. 4" down pipe, 5" out the back. Very happy with it.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
19,335 Posts
Get lighter shoes!!! :hehe: :haha: :hehe: :haha:

Seriously, though, air filter clean? Run any additives to clean injectors? Boost good (vanes gumming up)? Tire pressure good? Could any brakes be dragging?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts