Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Topped off the tank of my truck today when I found fuel for $3.95, reset the meter and took off down the highway. I kept an average speed of 65 mph running 1890-1920 rpm, boost almost always below 10 psi. After 2 1/2 hours of driving my average was 18.4 mpg most highway with a few towns, a couple stop signs, and getting pulled over :doh:(I'll explain this in a minute). This morning I got amazing mileage for awhile, had a 25 mph wind at my back, boost was all the way down to 5 psi and mileage was 24.3 mpg :woot:!!! Removing the DPF was well worth the money and time invested.

Now for the story. I took off from the bar at 11:00 P.M., completely sober, and started the hour long drive to my ranch. When I turned off the highway down the county road I live on a set of Crown Vic headlights popped up in my rear view. No big deal, just meant I had to drive the speed limit for once down this road to nowhere. Once I got about 5 miles down the road he turned on the disco lights, first thing to pop in my head was the EPA found me :hehe:. Then the outline of a cowboy hat was in the middle of his headlights, thats when the light show started. 5 more cars turned on their red and blues, they were all behind me completely across the road. Gulp, what the hell did I do??? Turns out it was the U.S Border Patrol, my truck matched the description of a stolen vehicle in the area; go figure. We all had a good laugh, I thanked them for not pointing a gun at me, and I drove the last 5 miles to my ranch with my *** puckered up tighter than hell. :rofl:

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
ahahah. well even if you were drunk when you left the bar you definitely weren't feeling the buzz when you got home thats for sure.

·
Premium Member
31,729 Posts
Holy crap man my azz wouldve been puckered too

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
I gotta say that calculating milage using the meter in the dash after tuning the truck is nto the best way.....its great that you are getting mileage and maybe its the true reading...but the meter on the dash is not real accurate after programming.

Now am I saying that you cant get that? NO, I have the DPF delete, and 37's and can get 18 on the highway.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
hahahaha great story,

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
That's pretty funny, "This is the EPA, step out of the vehicle with your hands up."

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I gotta say that calculating milage using the meter in the dash after tuning the truck is nto the best way.....its great that you are getting mileage and maybe its the true reading...but the meter on the dash is not real accurate after programming.

Now am I saying that you cant get that? NO, I have the DPF delete, and 37's and can get 18 on the highway.
I've hand calculated my mileage several times before and after I programmed it, it's never been more than .6 off. Not to mention after those 2.5 hours of driving I didn't even burn 1/4 of a tank of fuel.

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Ok, good

Mine is actually not off that bad either, I have seen some off by 2-3mpg after programming...well not on the 08's but on previous models

1 - 9 of 9 Posts