Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious how everyone is fairing with thier tuned 6.7's?

-Miles tuned?
-Problems?
-etc.?

·
Registered
144 Posts
14k Miles - Blown turbo, took out motor while it was at it. Tech said it was not related to tune however, defective turbo. Its an early build 2011 which seems to have the most turbo related issues. Back up and running now with new motor for 2k miles, no issues.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Exactly the type of info I was looking for. Sorry to hear about the turbo/motor issues, but at least it was taken care of. Hopefully others will chime in. More of a informative/factual type of thread, is what I was interested in starting.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just finished my full delete this weekend... I am headed to Fl from Eastern NM pulling a 15k# goose neck. This is my break in and towing test for mileage. I'll be posting with updates and hopefully no drama!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm working on putting the finishing touches on my delete, should be done by Saturday...The delete pipe arrived with a bent flange...

Will be towing deleted the following weekend...Hopefully I won't blow something up.

I bought my truck May of 2010(Job 1), 33,000 miles, 2011 Lariat CC Long Bed 4x4.

Not a hot rodder, just looking for a little better fuel mileage and longer engine life.

:icon_ford:

·
Registered
347 Posts
25,000 miles on mine tuned, 30,000 total. No issues. Job 1 truck, purchased in November of 2010. Knock on wood, I have not had a turbo issue yet!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I agree 100%, longer engine life and not a hot rodder either! At 4 bones a gallon, I can't afford it!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I for one have about 4,000 miles tuned, and I must admit I have questioned a tick hear or a noise there (paranoid). So far no issues....knock on wood. I love the sound and increased MPG.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Tuned and deleted for 15k miles, drive hot shots for a living, and the tuner has already paid for itself. 19-20mpg at 70, 14 mpg with the empty trailer (40' gn, 8000lbs empty). Just went round trip from Houston to Conway, AR with 15k on the trailer there and 13k coming back, average of 13mpg. Truck is a 2012, job 2, CC dually fx4 with a ranch hand front bumper (block with tires lol)

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Registered
21 Posts
Tuned and deleted for 15k miles, drive hot shots for a living, and the tuner has already paid for itself. 19-20mpg at 70, 14 mpg with the empty trailer (40' gn, 8000lbs empty). Just went round trip from Houston to Conway, AR with 15k on the trailer there and 13k coming back, average of 13mpg. Truck is a 2012, job 2, CC dually fx4 with a ranch hand front bumper (block with tires lol)Sent from my Autoguide iPad app
What kind of tuner do you have? And, what tranny and engine setting do you use when towing?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Tuned and deleted for 15k miles, drive hot shots for a living, and the tuner has already paid for itself. 19-20mpg at 70, 14 mpg with the empty trailer (40' gn, 8000lbs empty). Just went round trip from Houston to Conway, AR with 15k on the trailer there and 13k coming back, average of 13mpg. Truck is a 2012, job 2, CC dually fx4 with a ranch hand front bumper (block with tires lol)

p
Can we assume these as hand calculated numbers?

I don't have a duelly, but those were my stock numbers. Now that I'm deleted, I picked up 1-1.5 in the city but haven't seen a real increase on the highway. I'm at 16-16.5 in the city and 19-20 @ 70.

All hand calculated. If I followed the screen, I would be at least 1-2 over that.:laugh:

·
Registered
507 Posts
Subscribed. To those who deleted and tuned the pickup your self: how difficult was the instal, how long did it take and any pointers?? I'm trying to find out as much information as I can before I make my decision

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
I finished the delete last night, but haven't really had a place to go today. So other than the trans tune run I haven't driven it.

On the trans tune @ 100% throttle in 4x4hi it barked the tires off. Serious power upgrade.

The exhaust is ez.
The complete EGR delete, not so much. Nothing very technical, just time consuming and some of the bolts/nuts/hoses are pretty hard to get to. I think the block off plates would be a lot easier.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I took the grill off to make the hose connection on the Sinister EGR delete less painful. The grill comes off in 5 min's... screws on top and clips on the bottom.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
27,000 total miles, 12,000 miles H&S tuned and deleted miles. Problem free so far. couldnt be happier.

·
Registered
87 Posts
What kind of tuner do you have? And, what tranny and engine setting do you use when towing?
I am running the H&S minimax, just run mild or no power added for towing. Keep in mind, my trailer weighs 8000 empty, and most loads are 12-15k pounds. Running down I20 at 75 is one thing, but pulling hills in west Texas or mountains in Colorado or W. Virginia...not so much for turning up the juice. I tuned for reliability and fuel mileage. I drive 10,000 miles or better a month, so fuel is something i am very aware of. I see at least 1.5-2 mpg better than i did before, hand calculated, and when the oil comes out almost as clean as when it went in two weeks and 5000 miles ago, that is worth it to me.

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Registered
99 Posts
Aggie, keep us in the loop. I think everyone would like to hear updates from someone who puts on the miles at the rate you are. Maybe start a thread so some could subscribe...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have a question to all....I hear a slight clacking,ticking noise at idle, and on easy acceleration. I just cant remember if it was there before tuning? No CEL, and the gauges all look good, and runs great. Could it be normal injector /diesel noise? Just a little paranoid I guess. I dont know of anyone else local that has a 6.7 to compare to. I really only notice it with the windows up and radio off. I came from a 7.3 so I know how they use to make a little noise.:D

1 - 20 of 32 Posts