Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I just installed my tony wildman chip ab a week ago and put about 385 miles on it and just filled up, naturally I have really been smoking in the rice burner stage on the chip everywhere i go and the combination of new stacks doesnt help the mileage cause:woot:, but i digress i got 16.25 mpg on the around town stomp it at every stop, so I feel like im doing pretty good, but it still sucks that I paid 108$ for 22 gallons of diesel:tard: but what can you do:dunno:? I just figured I would pass on my thoughts and get opinions, i feel like 16 is pretty good for around town.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
o yea does anyone know if a new turbo will help or hurt, or really not do anything to mpg's?

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bump anyone.

·
Powerstroke Junkie
8,308 Posts
You do know that the overhead display is no longer accurate when you use a chip or programmer don't you? The only way to get a accurate mpg is to hand calc it. The only way to do this accurately is to fill it all the way up to the brim, drive and fill to the same point and then do your math. The cost of a new turbo won't yield huge mpg increases.

NCH

·
lifetime member
1,642 Posts
the overhead display is called the [lie-o-meter] for a reason. lol

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I dont have a lie-o-meter in my truck, I do a hand caculation everytime i fill up, and Im getting the turbo for the kicks, and was just wondering if it might help.

·
Premium Member
11,178 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The answer is probably no. If your are out of the turbo's map, then MAYBE. Otherwise, depending on your replacement injectors and what part of the itp setup you install.. will make more difference. pre pump/reg return will help slightly. Going from splits to singles can also help.
the reg. return is gonna be on at the same time as the turbo, and in the next couple of months new injectors.

·
Premium Member
11,178 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea the throttle is pretty tough when the truck is on the economy setting.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
like if i shift the chip on the fly its like driving a new truck it takes me a couple of shifts to get used to pushing the pedal.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts