Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys so I have another question here. I bought this truck almost 3 weeks ago now, I added it to my "my carfax" app to get regular service reminders. Anyway, on this app you can see maintenance history and I found something pretty interesting. Here is what it shows:

07/23/2012
120,121 mi
Bud Clary Ford of Moses Lake
Maintenance inspection completed
Drivability/performance checked
Fuel filter replaced

03/25/2013
144,404 mi
Battery/charging system checked
Brakes checked
Oil and filter changed
Tire condition and pressure checked
MILEAGE INCONSISTENCY

02/10/2014
133,689 mi
Engine/powertrain computer/module checked
Oil and filter changed

05/19/2015
143,594 mi
Oil and filter changed

06/30/2015
144,878 mi
A/C and heating system checked
ABS system checked
Engine checked

All the way from 2006 when the truck was made up to the sudden ~10k miles either added or deducted depending on you look at it all checks out to be normal mileage. What do you make of this? I got an "auto check" from the dealer I bought the truck from (Actual Chevy named dealer, not a used 1 off car lot) that only shows mileage at 165 on 8/11/05, but reports no other mileage past that. This auto check is "a part of Experian", and rates the truck at 86 and says "eligible for buyback protection" and says the odometer checks out, but the last reading it shows is 165 miles (currently at 161k miles).

Interesting to note that everything I show on this app has been done at Bud Clary Ford of Moses lake besides having a mileage report of 3 at Mock Ford (presumably when sold) and a mileage report of 90k at Corwin Ford of Tri-cities. These two dealerships are about an hour away from each other. The truck as far as I can see has always been in Washington state.

I'm at a loss as to what to think. If on 2/10/14 it was over 135k miles, I would just assume that it was a type on 3/5/13 that was meant to be 134k miles but it just doesn't make sense given the mileage numbers reported afterwords and the time between the reports. What are your thoughts? The VIN is 1FTSW21P96EA34982 if someone has better resources than I do and wouldn't mine donating a little time.

·
AMERICA!
22,936 Posts
Pull an OASIS report and see what it says.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How do I run an oasis report? Everything I'm reading shows it's a dealer only thing, I'll try to go to the dealer tomorrow morning but I don't think they'll be happy seeing a guy asking for Ford services when buying from a Chevy lot lol.

·
AMERICA!
22,936 Posts
They don't need to know where you bought the truck, just go to your nearest Ford dealership and give them your VIN and ask them to run an Oasis report.

You could also search OASIS reports here, I think there are a couple people that can provide you with one.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you, I'll go in tomorrow morning and see if someone can pull one up for me!

Anyone know anyone on the forum that can do one by chance?

·
AMERICA!
22,936 Posts
There was a guy on here awhile back that said he could. Go to the search function and lookup OASIS report and you will probably be able to find the thread.

Reactions: Red Ford

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, finally got around to getting the OASIS report, but the last reported thing was in 2012 so it doesn't do me any good.

·
Registered
3,913 Posts
Just looks like the PO did oil changes at 10k intervals instead of the owner's manual 7.5k interval, or what a lot do of 5k intervals. IMO the service rep fat fingered the mileage as 144k instead of 124k.

It doesn't matter too much what the PO did once you have the truck, but what you do with it from now on.

Are you just interested in the history, or did you want to get the buyback question?

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just looks like the PO did oil changes at 10k intervals instead of the owner's manual 7.5k interval, or what a lot do of 5k intervals. IMO the service rep fat fingered the mileage as 144k instead of 124k.

It doesn't matter too much what the PO did once you have the truck, but what you do with it from now on.

Are you just interested in the history, or did you want to get the buyback question?
That would make a lot of sense, I was stuck trying to bring it down 10k miles and got even more confused lol.

I'm more into the history on the truck than anything.

·
Registered
603 Posts

Yup, probably incorrectly entered by the service tech. I had the same thing show up on a carfax for my truck showing oasis report was correctly showing the mileage increases, then a big jump, then a lower number where they correctly entered mileage at next service. Truck was all original and no mods so unlikely some one was trying to pull one over.

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
happens more often then you think, Your DMV would have the more accurate records from ownership transfer.

Unless you are running a good synthetic oil and doing lots of non-stop highway driving I would do the 5k mile oil change interval and the 10k fuel. it is a little $$$ but oil and filters are cheaper then injectors.

I have been using dieselfiltersonline since 2013. hands down can't find a lower price with shipping even with some of my favorite vendors here.

Reactions: Red Ford
1 - 12 of 12 Posts