Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Stupidity pisses me off
3,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2021 F350, 12k miles. When just running the "vent" and not AC there is a mildew smell......any ideas where it is coming from/the cause? It is under warranty I just cringe every time I have to take it in.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,608 Posts
I had a "smell" in mine also. I used Turtle Wax deodorizer and it was gone. Now I make sure I turn off the AC a few minutes before I shut down for the day. My guess is the wet coil gets funky if it's wet and left off for several days.

·
Premium Member
2,608 Posts
I personally find internal humidity to be more offensive.
That's why I drink plenty of bourbon. Keeps the internal humidity down.

·
Registered
3 Posts
2021 F350, 12k miles. When just running the "vent" and not AC there is a mildew smell......any ideas where it is coming from/the cause? It is under warranty I just cringe every time I have to take it in.

Thanks.
Have you checked the passenger side carpet? I had that smell too. It ended up the carpet was wet and the water was condensation from the a/c. There is a pipe under the glove box against the firewall had condensation around it. Took it to ford 3 times they could never fix it completely. Good luck.

·
Stupidity pisses me off
3,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So I took it to the dealership and they found moisture in the cabin air filter compartment. Not sure how that happened...car washes maybe?

·
Stupidity pisses me off
3,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sending a late reply.....I crawled under and jabbed a twisted piece of tie wire up the drain tube.....5 minutes later a big puddle under my truck. THANKS!

Reactions: GregWork
1 - 15 of 15 Posts