Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm taking a guess on having a broken rocker, what's your guys thoughts? 08 F250 6.4l. It's got a dpf and egr delete, sct tuned with IDP custom tune. I noticed a sounds coming what seemed to be threw the intake, a popping sound, also I can hear some tapping/rattle on the passenger side valve cover area. Runs fine otherwise, buddy thought it ran to well to be broken. It's got 136k miles. But It seems to have a lot of blow by for the truck running this well. I just bought this truck at an auction, got a crazy good deal on it. So I wasn't there when this sound started. I'm leaving town for a week and won't be able to work on it, but when I get back depending on what I find out ill tear the valve cover off and look at it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I'll be home tomorrow and ill see what's up with it. But when I asked ford how much it would cost for that assembly, they said it's for 08-10 trucks, so do you think that it's the updated assembly that you can buy now

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey guys so I found the problem. Tore apart my truck pulled apart rockers, and found a busted and bent push rod. Cylinder #8 exhuast valve. So that makes everything make sence. It'll be up and running again this Friday!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It was pretty easy. Kinda straight forward besides getting the cylinders on TDC. But the reason the push rod did that was due to the rocker not being properly tourqued and the push rod got lose and hit it's guide

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.