Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
On the same topic, I've seen videos of some guy that repairs 6.4s running the engine with the valve covers off. It seems that too many parts must be removed to run them this way. The reason is to inspect the valve train and injector connections for leaks. Has anyone done this? Last time I did this, there was oil spray on everything in my chevy. Is it the same for the 6.4, the oil mist?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Well if they are fatigued, they can bend. If they are overheated, they can creep or bend. If it was cylinder 8, then that's a regen cylinder. If those exhaust valves were getting extremely hot, then that could have been overheating the valvetrain and caused premature failure.

:dunno:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Oh are they? I was under the impression that the rear two cylinders were the only ones used. Well the heads are definitely lacking in coolant flow at the back side of the block. Might be a culmination of a few things. But, this is not entirely uncommon. I've read a few posts of bent pushrods.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.