Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm taking a guess on having a broken rocker, what's your guys thoughts? 08 F250 6.4l. It's got a dpf and egr delete, sct tuned with IDP custom tune. I noticed a sounds coming what seemed to be threw the intake, a popping sound, also I can hear some tapping/rattle on the passenger side valve cover area. Runs fine otherwise, buddy thought it ran to well to be broken. It's got 136k miles. But It seems to have a lot of blow by for the truck running this well. I just bought this truck at an auction, got a crazy good deal on it. So I wasn't there when this sound started. I'm leaving town for a week and won't be able to work on it, but when I get back depending on what I find out ill tear the valve cover off and look at it.
I had a similar problem with a truck just like yours, except this one had a low knock when cold and once it reached a normal temperature it would go away. sometimes it would loose some power for a few seconds. took the valve covers off and we found two cracked rocker arms one on cylinder #5 and one on #8 replaced all rocker arms and problem solved. The truck had 145,000 miles on it the owner said he had never had any problems with it.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.