Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been looking at the Mickey Thompson Classic locks for my 97. Im not really good with all the sizing so i know i wanna keep the 16in rim but i want it alittle more offset then my stock rims i have now. So what ones are going to give me alittle more offset?

Would the 16x10s be more offset then the 16x8? and how much more offset are those 2 then my stock rims i have?

Any help would be great. I plan on putting on Mickey Thompson ATZs with those. Looking around a 285 or a 305 tire size

Thanks
Steve

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Look at my sig I have all info in there and now wish I had went with a 20x10 lock . I have to polish my rims to keep them nice looking once a month keep that in mind as well !!! I have 4.5 back spacing

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im just confused about the rim size and the tires and stuff cause i called tire discounters and they said that a 305/70/16 tire will not fit on the 16x10 rim. I would have to get the 16x8. My question then is how much more will the 16x8 rim stick out. I feel like my stock rims dont stick out enough. Does anyone know the specs on the Stock XLT rims?

·
Former OBSer
5,706 Posts
Stock rims I believe are 16X7 on the obs. I am running 16X8 pro comp rims with 295 75/16 terra grapplers.
Mine is the middle rig f350 other two are f250s far on has 33 12.5 16.5 and near one is 16X8 wheels with 285s

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wow those 16x8s dont stick out as much as i thought they would. What determines how much they stick out? The offset? back spacing?

Thanks
Steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts