Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone post up a list of fluids you can mix for the water meth? And how much to mix? Thanks in advance guys!!!:thumb:

·
Registered
411 Posts
Water...you can use tap, spring or distilled.
Meth...you can use window washer fluid with no soap, straight Meth, or air brake conditioner (it's basically just methanol)

Ratio...30% meth is a good safe start and will keep your system from freezing in the winter. You can go up to 50% or more meth as long as you have your tunes adjusted for the timing the methanol advances. Remember it's a fuel so you need to adjust your tunes likewise.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
what he said, i use to run 50/50 or 40/60. 40% meth

but you def need your tunes adjusted

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
You can get bottles of HEET, its pure methanol. Its cheaper to just buy like 5 gallons from a race shop.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Water...you can use tap, spring or distilled.
Meth...you can use window washer fluid with no soap, straight Meth, or air brake conditioner (it's basically just methanol)

Ratio...30% meth is a good safe start and will keep your system from freezing in the winter. You can go up to 50% or more meth as long as you have your tunes adjusted for the timing the methanol advances. Remember it's a fuel so you need to adjust your tunes likewise.
Good deal man one more ? On the Window Wash how many gallons of it to how many gallons of water?

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Just go to a shop that sells straight methanol. Then you know exactly what you are running. Max 30%...

I normally use tap water, but when I can, I use distilled water.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just go to a shop that sells straight methanol. Then you know exactly what you are running. Max 30%...

I normally use tap water, but when I can, I use distilled water.
Yeah what im tryin to do but i can not find a shop that has it!:dunno:

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Yeah what im tryin to do but i can not find a shop that has it!:dunno:
The place I got it for wasn't like a race shop, rather a special supply store that carried all the different fuels and chemicals... might try glancing over the yellow pages in your area??

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Check with your local race tracks. there usually is a place to buy it there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts