Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all

i can get a meth injection kit off a buddy very cheap, but was wondering if there's much point putting it on a pretty much bone stock truck? :dunno: thanks for any thoughts on this.

Mark.

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts
It will lower EGT's and give you a little more hp. You might have to get smaller nozzle's depending on what your buddy is selling you.

Too much W/M injection and you'll quench the motor, which could result in puddling. If not set up properly, could lead to issues.

What are you looking to get out of it? Lower EGT? more HP? Better MPG? Because depending on the price he is selling it for, you could buy something else that will benefit your truck more.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks lilpooh

I'm just basically looking for a bit more oomph when towing.......maybe a bit better mpg, etc as well. The kit i can get has an adjustable boost control to come on at specific boost, so i could set that up which would (hopefully) alleviate any quenching issues. Could I put a switch on it so that I could turn it off for everyday around town driving? I can get the kit off him for about $250 which I don't think is too bad at all.....just wondering if it's worthwhile......

Thanks again

Mark.

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
Yes you could put a switch on it to turn it on or off. For about that same money you could probably get a used SCT X3. Get a tow tune and a good street tune and you'll be much better off and happier in the long run.

·
Premium Member
9,154 Posts
Mitch is right, you can get the X-3 with custom tunes to do what you want.

The W/M injectors are based on the HP output of your motor. So if your buddies kit has too large or too small of injectors, you will need to buy the right size injectors for your motor hp output.

When I broke one of my injectors at the push to connect elbow, I called snow performance about buying a new injector. The price was $80 for one injector. Well since I'm a machinist, I removed the 1/8npt nozzle and made a solid connect elbow.

The moral of that story is, if your gonna need larger/smaller injectors, you better figure in the price of them also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts