Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It appears there are two part numbers for this piece

6C3Z-6C640-AA and 6C3Z-6C646-A

IF you search here and google they look the same but I can't really tell. Does anyone know if there is a difference between the two?

The latter part number is about $10 cheaper at tousley and is listed for 03-04 6.0Ls and the first part number doesn't have any description but guys here have obviously used it.

Thanks

Dik

·
Registered
270 Posts
might be for dual alternator, I think they have a flat spot on them

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I suppose I order the one I know works and not worry about $10.

Dik

·
Premium Member
2,028 Posts
It appears there are two part numbers for this piece

6C3Z-6C640-AA and 6C3Z-6C646-A

IF you search here and google they look the same but I can't really tell. Does anyone know if there is a difference between the two?

The latter part number is about $10 cheaper at tousley and is listed for 03-04 6.0Ls and the first part number doesn't have any description but guys here have obviously used it.

Thanks

Dik
Made the swap to the metal cold side CAC tube on my 06. The part you want is 6C3Z-6C640-AA . Here is a link to another thread on the subject:http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/6-0-motor-problems/212051-intercooler-exit-tube-2.html#post2597018

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Just FYI the intercooler pipe that is modified for the dual altermators is on the hot side pipe (passenger) not the cold side (driver).

·
Premium Member
2,028 Posts
Just FYI the intercooler pipe that is modified for the dual altermators is on the hot side pipe (passenger) not the cold side (driver).
Yep, exactly. They are the same on the cold side.

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Strange, Tousley clearly lists two different part numbers. The one Riffraff sells is the 6C646-A part number. I just didn't know if there was any significant difference. I went ahead and ordered the one called for in the TSB that everyone else has been using. I also ordered a set of Riff Raff boots in red to match the outside of my truck:thumb:
$(KGrHqMOKjUE2zMhJN-WBNtzbTYt,w~~_12.jpg

My other boots are really oily and my boost seems to be a bit lower than it should be.

Thanks for the discussion.

Dik

·
Premium Member
5,700 Posts
AA is the cold side metal tube for a 05-07 truck. normally this would be a black plastic tube

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
AA is the cold side metal tube for a 05-07 truck. normally this would be a black plastic tube
That makes sense. the -A is 03-04 and the -AA is 05-07.

Dik

1 - 9 of 9 Posts