Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My message center switches between front door ajar and rear door ajar when I only have the front door ajar. I have the amp Powersteps and have been having problems with the passenger side step not going up all the time. So I was messing with opening the doors and when I open the passenger front door I noticed the message center display switches between front door ajar and rear door ajar. I close the front door and open just the passenger rear door and message center says the same thing. It switches between front door ajar and rear door ajar. I'm positive if I can solve this problem it will also fix my powerstep problem. Any ideas??? All wiring looks correct in passenger sill for Powersteps. I have never had a problem with driver side steps. Does this only on passenger side.

Thank You in advance!

·
Premium Member
31,706 Posts
Get yourself a can of wd40 and spray the latches down

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
31,706 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Has anyone else had their message center say both doors are open with only one door open?

·
Premium Member
31,706 Posts
There's likely a short somewhere in the splicing with that issue

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So I did as you suggested and unhooked the amp powerstep box and checked to see if that was the problem... It was not the problem. Problem was wires were crossed with the provided diodes... So I fixed wires and now message center displays correct doors when open. HOWEVER, now my steps will come down when open door and go up when close the door, but they always drop down after 10-15 seconds now after door is closed! WTF?!?!? These steps have been a PITA on the passenger side... Anymore ideas??? Anyone have these steps and this problem???

1 - 11 of 11 Posts