Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

So, very recently I have noticed the truck will pull slightly left. When I make a left turn, it will continue to pull left pretty hard and I have to turn the steering wheel right to keep the truck straight. After a while of driving straight, it will be fine and go back to a very slight pull to the left. About 5 months ago, 2000 miles ago, I had both upper and lower ball joints on the driver side replaced with MOOG greasable ball joints. I also had the driver side wheel hub replaced with a Timken assembly. I did not experience this problem at all up until this point. Could this be the ball joints needing greased? I'm sure it could potentially be other issues too, i.e. needing alignment, steering box, etc. Any thoughts and/or ideas is greatly appreciated!

2002 Ford F-250 XLT with about 106,500 miles.

Thanks in advance!

Registered
Yep what he said^^

Sounds like they over tighten the ball joints. You could have a bad u joint also.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, I did forget to mention the front axle u-joint was replaced as well (MOOG). I just don't understand why issues would be occurring now rather than right after all the new parts were installed (if ball joints were over tightened).

Premium Member
I had that problem and it was a bad u-jont. Did both sides get replaced?

Administrator
there is a difference between failure to return to center and a pull

I am not sure what you have but a BJ or u joint usually makes for a failure to return to center

a bad box, tire with radialpull , even a hung caliper can steer the truck in one direction requiring you input steering in to the opposite direction ( fight )

I think your problem is new and not related to the work done 5000 miles ago

keep us posted

1 - 8 of 8 Posts