Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The memory seats in my 2019 lariat are not working... the buttons on the door do nothing. The seat is suposed to move to the preprogrammed spot when the key is put into the ignition but it dosent. Anyone else have this issue?

·
Premium Member
11,625 Posts
Have you checked the fuses?

·
Registered
266 Posts
They won’t move when you put the key in the ignition. You have to press the button to make the seat move. To set them, adjust your seat and mirrors to the desired spot and then hold down whichever button number you want to have it set at. You will see a chime or notification appear on the dash. Something tells me that this is user error. Read the owners manual.

·
Premium Member
11,625 Posts
Mine is keyless, but they adjust based on the fob used to open the truck. Doesn't matter if it's locked or not. Whichever fob you have when you open the door, the seats, pedals and steering wheel adjust accordingly.

I did notice that the memory system, and other things, weren't working properly or consistently a month or two ago. Cranking had gotten slower as well. The drivers side battery had hella corrosion on the positive post. (Seems to be an issue with others as well) I hadn't noticed it because of the cover. The clamp had completely corroded into, so I was basically running on one battery. Replaced the cable end and all has been well ever since.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Mines push start too. Just so used to saying put the key in the ignition. Lol. I also forgot about the my key setup since I don’t use it. No matter what fob I use, I still have to push the button to get the seat to go where I want it. I don’t have easy entry/exit on.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Mine is keyless, but they adjust based on the fob used to open the truck. Doesn't matter if it's locked or not. Whichever fob you have when you open the door, the seats, pedals and steering wheel adjust accordingly.

I did notice that the memory system, and other things, weren't working properly or consistently a month or two ago. Cranking had gotten slower as well. The drivers side battery had hella corrosion on the positive post. (Seems to be an issue with others as well) I hadn't noticed it because of the cover. The clamp had completely corroded into, so I was basically running on one battery. Replaced the cable end and all has been well ever since.
Going from key to keyless has been an adjustment, but as yours does...my seats automatically go to my setting. In my 16 350 KR CCLB, my seat would go to my seat setting when i put the key into the ignition. The only frustration I have with it is when I take it to get serviced(once so far only 6000 miles on it) the mechanics will adjust the seat to drive it, then the truck thinks thats the setting and I have to adjust it again...

The other reason is, I don't have to use my keyfob at all to unlock or lock my doors...just have to grasp the drivers door handle to unlock...touch the button to lock and...done.

Don't think I could go back to a keyed ignition now...

·
Premium Member
11,625 Posts
I also set position 3 to the same thing I set position 1 to. That way if someone overwrites my settings, I can recover them quickly and set them back. As odd as it seems, it has happened. I only have two fobs, so I couldn't think of any reason not to use 3 for this purpose.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts