Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey folks, this event was posted originally under the Pre chapter OKLAHOMA g2g thread. We have about 10-15 trucks getting together on Satuday May 24th. Some will be running at the Sooner Motorplex in Lawton, OK. We are plannng on running the 1/8 mile track for those that would like too, followed by a get together at my house afterwards for a BBQ and some swimming. If we get enough Powerstroke.org Okies maybe this can also be used as a Chapter Event?

At the house it will be a family event/atmosphere so feel free to bring the little kids if you like to go swimming or play on the trampoline & playground. For those not interested in the track or don't want to drag the little kids to the track you can feel free to stay at the house & relaxe in the pool. I'm trying to get a neighbor to bring two ponies for the little ones to get a ride on and make the day fun for everyone. Tony Wildman will be coming so if you are interested in his tuning this might be a good oportunity to check it out or if you just want to see other Powerstrokes that are running all types of mods them come on down!:thumb: Jon Faubion Might be running his mustang as well. Either way this is a great opportunity so see Powerstokes modded for towing, racing, and any other reason. And a chance to meet & pick the brains of some of the 7.3L & 6.0L gurus.

Here is the link to one of his recent runs:

Video of 1st pass on new motor - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Faubion95sec.flv - Video - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Luke Cline will be down - I think he is planning on bringing his 600+ HP 7.3L.

Video - Luke running a 12.83 on the quarter mile at Thunder Valley Raceway in Noble,OK on Sept 16,2006 Video courtesy of CHPMustang @ www.SuperDutyDiesel.com

As always, all is depending on good weather. I'm not online much lately but Brant and some of the others know just as much about the get together as I do so please answere any questions I am not around to get to.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
hmm prob cant be there, i found out tonight we have another T-ball tourney in Del city tht weekend, but i will pay it by ear and may get away for some :stump: or some BS'ing with some of you....:dunno:

·
Registered
511 Posts
Live Tuning will be $200 7.3L chip not included. PM if you are interested.

Otherwise I will see you at Rich's.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Live Tuning will be $200 PM if you are interested.

Since you are coming I might just have to get more beer.......:crazy:

You bringing cigars?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Live Tuning will be $200 PM if you are interested.

for what chip or tuner and for 7.3's or the almighty 6.0's??

·
Banned
1,089 Posts
WHA WHAT!!! $200!!! well dayum! :D ummmm.... lol

I need more mods QUICK so this will be worth while! hehehe... ummm wow thats tempting..

I'll definately be there!

·
Registered
114 Posts
No I'm not back YET! But I'm close enough I can taste it. Let just say I'm trying to make plans to get to lukes to pick up my truck...

·
Registered
511 Posts
Here let me fix that for you... :hehe:

for what chip or tuner and for the almighty 7.3's or the 6.0's??

It is only for the 7.3L. I fixed my post above.

·
Registered
442 Posts
That's not right!!! why do you guys pick on the 6.0's so bad .... They run with the best of em':woot:

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Alright. So far we have 12 Powerstrokes, one 9.5 sec 1/4 mile Mustang,one 2006 Corvette, approx 20 adults, 9 kids, 2 dogs, 1 cat and a fish.

How many people might be interested in running the 1/8th mile drag strip in Lawton(Saturday 24 May)? I'm just trying to get an idea on numbers, there is no commitment. I just want to throw some numbers at the track owner so they can try to race us as a group for those interested instead of just lineing up for the normal test & tune type setup.

Looks like it's shaping up to be a pretty decent event.

1/8 mile track
food
Chip burning
food
live tuning
more food/beer
A/E diagnostics
beer/food/beer
pool party
more chip burning for fine tuning

Only thing we don't have is a dyno. But we can use the gravel road to see who spits the stones the furthest. Any takers on standing downwind to feel the pellets? Might need a hockey mask......

·
Banned
1,089 Posts
haha, well, count me in as a possibility for running on the track -- as long as I can get some info on if things are shifting correctly... :)

·
Registered
4,230 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Looks like Brian is coming up. His truck was just featured in Diesel Power mag. You gotta see the Ostrich Leather seats in person. Talk about sweet!

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
hey Rich is he giving autographs?

LOL....i have that mag!

·
Banned
1,089 Posts
I'm gonna have to get that mag!!! wonder if its still at the store....

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If you get one, bring it with you. I have not seen it yet.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts