Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys since our chapter covers about 300 miles and I'm not too familiar with any of that area more that 30 miles from me I am looking for some ideas and locations for meets. Some of the ideas that I have come up with so far are wrenching days, track meets, truck pulls, car shows, and dyno day. Of all the past meets I have been to I think the wrenching days are the most fun. It gives everyone a really good chance to get to know each other and its always nice to have an extra set of hands when working on your truck. So if you guys have any ideas that would make for a good get together lets hear them. Also what days of the week works for most people?

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
I am planning on going to Dillsburg, PA for their dyno day tomorrow(Sunday). I heard that Diesel Power mag was there last year.

Also, Mason Dixon Dragway is going to have their annual diesel drag day. I can't remember the exact date, but I think it is posted in the Hometown Forum.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Maybe one at maryland intl raceway?
its not too far from most people in maryland
but im not too sure on the info

·
Registered
578 Posts
Maryland International Raceway in Mechanicsville usually has a couple of good events throughout the year. There is also Capitol raceway in Crofton and they have test and tune pretty often, I have been there a few times.

Last year they let people pull diesel trucks at the tractor pull at the Charles County fairgrounds, it was pretty sweet. I think this happens around September or so.

·
Registered
804 Posts
yeah crofton is not too far either.
and its fun when your out at your friends sons ball game to hear the cars racing down the track lol

not too much attention to the game more so the engine's LOL

·
Registered
804 Posts
weekends are best for me.
and wensday i get off early or may not go in at all

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
Yeah I'll probably be there for the MDTDC event, don't know if i'm racing or not.
Anyone want to meet sooner, i'm all for it. Saturdays are the only day I can meet(possibly Sun. too).

I just finished printing off all of the truck pull and drag day schedules around me for the summer. I'm going to be at a buch of them around here all summer. Most of them are probably too far for a lot of you to come down here for, but if there is one closer to Balt./cecil co.(seems to be our central loc.), then I will post them up.

Or if anyone wants to have a meet in Va. this summer, let me know.

I do agree though, we should get something in the works soon.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Capitol raceway is prob. the most central location. Once things warm up I dissapear onto the chesapeake. Between that and work It might be hard for me to hook up. I will do my best. It sure would be cool to hang out on a nice day and roll some coal though.:burnout

Eric

·
Registered
999 Posts
Capitol raceway i been there raced my truck it gets packed bad raced twice i 3 hrs or so
intl raceway been there to watch the jet cars they have big events that come through

Matt

·
Registered
152 Posts
Capitol raceway i been there raced my truck it gets packed bad raced twice i 3 hrs or so
intl raceway been there to watch the jet cars they have big events that come through

Matt
This is true:doh:

·
Registered
999 Posts
im 45 minutes form intl raceway im up for it anytime something is going on there

Matt

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
Rob, did you go to dillsburg?

By the time I recovered from last nnight (beach story) I was up and getting ready and called Dockboy, they said they were wrapping things up within the next few hours. So it wouldn't be worth the 100+ mile trip.. :doh:

·
Registered
207 Posts
I have a question for anybody that was in oc this weekend, I was at the mustang show at castaways and someone had a black 250/350 crewcab that was lifted, does anyone know whos truck that was?

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Rob, did you go to dillsburg?

By the time I recovered from last nnight (beach story) I was up and getting ready and called Dockboy, they said they were wrapping things up within the next few hours. So it wouldn't be worth the 100+ mile trip.. :doh:
Yea I just got back from the Burg. They dynoed probably 25 trucks today. Really wasn't worth it for me either IMO. I had to do some work alittle this morning and was up there probably right at 12. And left at 1/4 of 3.

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
These are some of the places I'm going to try to be at this summer.

5/25-Culpepper, Va.-Dragon Pulls
6/28-Culpepper, Va.-Interstate Tractor Pullers
7/12-Madison, Va.-Lucas oil Pro Pulling League
7/19-Cecil co. Dragway-MDTDC event
7/26-Fredrickburg, Va.-6300 SM, 6400SS, Hot Farm, Super stock semis
8/2-The Buck-Diesel Powerfest summer jamboree
8/16-Goochland, Va.-Truck pulls(probably not this one, but maybe)
9/6-Laplata, Md.-Super stock semis(this is also the same day as the Fall Jamboree @ the Buck)
Random Fri. nights at Old Dominion Dragstrip-Manassas, Va.
Random Sat. nights At Summerduck Dragway-Summerduck, Va.

I won't be at SSS again this year, because of prior plans, and a busy Sept.

For now that's my prelim list. It will probably get longer, and I probably won't make it too all of these, but if one or more of you guys are going to be at any of these let me know...

Also 6/21-is diesel powerfest at the Buck. I wasn't going to be at this because The Buck is 161 miles from me, but if this is our first meet, that may change.

Anybody have any events to add in the area?

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
Anyone interested in coming up to Bloomsburg or Carlisle Pa.? Both events are pretty big as far as truck shows go. Bloomsburg 4X4 jamboree is July 11-13th and Carlisle all truck nationals is August 8-10th.

·
Registered
804 Posts
ill be in pa soon. i might make it out to the events but not sure yet on the plans, too much work!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts