Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have an alternator from Mechman? They seem to have a lot of custom choices and the right amp ranges for my needs. From what I have read they seem to have a pretty good reputation for customer service but I haven't found too many on diesel trucks. I have found a lot of them being used in the car stereo show circut where big power at low RPM is a must. Big power at low RPM is one of the things I'm looking for to offset the glow plug draw after a cold start. I'm interested in how they have persormed for any one that has one.

·
Registered
696 Posts

I would highly suggest a DC power alternator from Ed at FICM repair.

Hes a stand up guy that actually answers the phone and will help you if you have any issues. I have 3 of the DC power alts from him, all with no issues so far. oldest one is 6 years old. We started running them because we are running electric salters and v plows. both of which are big power hogs and since we switched over to 270 amp alts we have had no issues.

·
Compression Ignition Addict
5,591 Posts
Same here. Ed really helped me out w/ a DC Power alternator.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I believe I got my DC Power alternator as a recommendation from Ed also. I was having some charging problems, and if I remember correctly, it took out my FICM. Ed helped me troubleshoot that I did have an alternator problem by watching my CTS Insight as I turned on some accessories to check the voltage I was seeing.

I lived in Garden Grove at the time, about an hour or so from Riverside, and someone who worked at DC Power actually dropped it off to me on his way home. Super Cool.

I installed it in November of 2013, and it's still going strong. Good choice.

·
Registered
33 Posts
So I have done business with Ed I currently have a FICM tune from him, his customer service is stellar. With that said do I think DC alternators are best bang for the buck nope. I’ve been running a alternator from US Alternators, I’ve been running it for 3 years now. I also recently added what he calls a “PCM MODULE” it allows me to pick the volts I want to run. It works great due to having 2 amps putting out 4K watts and also having a 3rd battery...it powers everything good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts