Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ahve been thinking about doing the DIY boost foler i watched the video and it seems simple enough but ,I dont quite understand how it works. It seem to me that with the regulater installed and set to 20 psi that it would only allow that much boost kinda defeating the purpose of this mod ? I am new the modifications on my 00'7.3 but have done the zoodad and wastegate delete and am waiting on the mailman to bring my guages and tuner for it was thinking of going to partshouse and getting the stuff to do this but want to know how it woks and exactly what it does before doing it. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
9,603 Posts
All a boost fooler does is limit the amount of boost going to the map sensor. If the map sensor see's 25 + pounds of boost it will de-fuel the truck. I have done exactly what you are thinking. I bought a regulator from "a home improvement store" :lol: and just plumbed it in set at 21 psi.

The regulator (boost fooler) only regulates boost going to the map sensor. It does not regulate actual turbo boost.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts