Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone using the New H&S MCC program?

I am about to dive into it and start tweeking the Trans and motor

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've been using it for 2 weeks now. Mostly been tweaking the trans to get a tow tune i like. So far it's been worth the money.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Yeah, I've heard allot of people don't like the current trans tune feel so they have been tweaking the shift points to get a closer to stock feel with the MCC.

Check the H&S MCC Forum.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have been a manual user for too many years to remember, this latest rig 450 KR has a 5r110 installed. There is nothing about the stock tuning in the transmission that I like, especially that fact that it coasts when not in OD.

This was quite alrming the first time I had a moderate load int he bed and came to a stop light as soon as the truck shifted out of OD it was like it was in Neutral.

Tuning helped a bit at least it now lock the TC in 4th and OD but the Coast solenoid is only engaged in T/H and OD. The T/H program is a it excessive for unloaded driving and the H&S canned tunes do not permit tuning. Trying to connect to a Tunner (KEM) has not been sucessful in the past couple of years.

The MCC is a great step in the right direction IMHO and the reaso I posted this is to see how many others are using it out there and what they are finding out. For $200.00 this is a cheap way to go to get better performance out of the Factory hardware, Personally I thank H&S for making the leap to allow the owner to tune his vehicle the way they want.

Cheers

·
Registered
26 Posts
This to is my first truck with a automatic also. Ive learned about how the software works. There's more talk about MCC on the HS forums. I've had good luck and got alot of help on there

·
Registered
348 Posts
Matt Robinson at gearheads is fixing to be tuning on the mcc. His tunes are supposed to be the cats a s s

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Matt Robinson at gearheads is fixing to be tuning on the mcc. His tunes are supposed to be the cats a s s

Loved his tunes in my 6.0, he had mine running 14.1 in the quarter mile on factory head studs and zero smoke. If he starts tuning on the mcc I will have to go ahead and get tunes done by him!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Loved his tunes in my 6.0, he had mine running 14.1 in the quarter mile on factory head studs and zero smoke. If he starts tuning on the mcc I will have to go ahead and get tunes done by him!
In an email he sent me monday, he said it was going to be very soon.

·
Registered
423 Posts
How soon? He sent me a email the other day when I asked and he said "I haven't had time to sit down and look into it yet" is what he sent me in return

·
Registered
348 Posts
How soon? He sent me a email the other day when I asked and he said "I haven't had time to sit down and look into it yet" is what he sent me in return
Don't know. His reply was " soon, very soon "

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
423 Posts
Hope so! I'm ready for something different.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts