Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who here has a mbrp system or any other kind of muffler system on there truck. just put some muffler on my truck today so the DPS will leve me alone and it sounds like crap it sounds like the wind is blowing 100mpr i hate it i thout it would sound deep but i was wrong. dose the mbrp sound deep cuz thats what i wanted to put on my truck :dunno:

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
my duals have a nice throaty sound if you ask me but thats also on a 7.3??

·
Registered
150 Posts
My straight through MBRP muffler sounds throaty. Not that loud in the cab either.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
I have an MBRP 4" cat back with a gutted cat and muffler in place and it sounds pretty mean all the way through the rpms. I would recommend an MBRP muffler to anyone. And, not very loud inside the truck. Or, if you are just trying to keep Johnny law off of your back, pick up a stock one, and wrap it around your pipe, so it looks functional! :thumb:

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well this muffler i got sounds like the wind is blowing hard when i get in to it i dont have the hiss anymore of the turbo at a idle

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
At the bottom of my sig there are three videos play those and you will hear 4" MBRP no cat or muffler.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Heck call here 210-654-6767 Truck source diesel in San Antonio and they should have a muffler or even a MBRP muffler laying around ..

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
that sounds so good thats what i want my truck to sound like again do the DPS mess with you alot

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Texas Department of Public Safety

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
that sounds so good thats what i want my truck to sound like again do the DPS mess with you alot
I watch my p's and Q's around them :} not yet

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
MBRP

I have the MBRP dual system and it does sound like a jet at idle. It's straight piped and my MBRP muffler is laying in the basement...never used. I could send it to you if it would fit on your system to try out. The only reason I would ever use it would be for inspection.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i think im goin to leve it on my truck for abit till the heat dies down then take it back off and get the mbrp kit

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
in texas you get randomly inspected on stuff like this?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts