Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got most of this installed today and what a pita it has been so far. I working with the 4" tube with muffler from down pipe on back.

The pipe that goes over the axle into the muffle, does that pipe go over the muffler or inside the muffler? The good folks at MBRP made the two pipes the same freaking size but didn't say which way to do in the destructions. The pipe that you cut (cc short bed), well I got that to work with the muffler by going inside. To be honest I don't care if it goes over or in as long as the freaking things goes together tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
175 Posts
idk if this will help but when the muffler is one you should be able to reap Mbrp on the side of the muffler it should be backwards if it spin it around

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
If you look inside the muffler it should look like gills. The openings should be facing the back and the smooth side of gills facing the front. I think you can put it either way but it's designed to go the way I explained. And the muffler should have female ends on both sides. The mid pipe you cut should slide inside the front of the muffler, and the tail pipe should slide inside the rear of the muffler. You can tell the female openings on both sides in the picture of this mbrp muffler delete on eBay
MBRP Muffler Delete Pipe Steel 4" Dia 30" Length Chevy GMC Dodge Ford EA 882963101013 | eBay

·
Registered
173 Posts
When I did mine I thought the instructions were good, and the installation only took a few hours - not sure whats different on yours...

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Yeah, I have done a few kits and multiple brands and seems like they were all straight forward, idk hopefully my description helps ya out to get it straightened out.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
i think not everyone is "handy " and the learning curve is higher... like not noticing flared ends on the pipe and what not... hope it all goes together
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts