Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Old Head
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally got the 4" MBRP exhaust installed on my truck. I thought I'd throw in some info that may help some of you who will be doing this. First off the MBRP instructions are accurate and complete and if followed you should have no problems. Be sure to spray the hangers as well as the bolts with a penatrating lubricant before you start. Also a second pair of hands is a big plus especially when hooking up the downpipe to the turbo. When loosening the band clamp at the turbo be sure to hold a finger over the tee-bolt as you loosen the nut. Mine fell off and required some time to locate it. There are a zillion crevaces and nooks where it can fall and I lucked out finding mine. I also cut my stock downpipe as close to the bend as I could and had no trouble getting my sawsall in to do the job. I also cut the tail pipe to make removing the stock system easier but if you're using a lift this shouldn't be needed. Installing the new system was a snap and the fit perfect. I am happy with the sound and am waiting to see if I'll pick up any fuel mileage. A big thanks to Raul at Stealth Automotive who gave me a good deal on the system and is always here to support his customers.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts