Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my setup a few months back. Wanted to know if anyone, with a stock exhaust can tell me if their turbo is ALWAYS active under normal driving. I do not remember if mine was like that. Now, with the Turbo Back (no exhaust or Cat) my turbo is always on. Just wondering if the lack of backpressure has anything to do with it and if this will wear out my turbo more.

I know with supercharged vehicles the SCs do not activate unless you ASK it for the extra power but not sure if turbos are much the same. I want to say yes they are but do not remember.

·
Registered
190 Posts
My truck is all stock and my turbo is always active. At highway speeds it is about 2-5 psi and pulling my trailer at 55 mph it is always about 15-20 psi. Unless I am going up a grade then of course its more.

·
Premium Member
9,475 Posts
as long as you have a load on the engine, you should be pushing some boost. Take the load away, Ie: coasting down hill, you will have 0 boost.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok sounds good. Thanks guys. Just wanted to make sure. Never really noticed it when I was stock. But now I HEAR it a lot more, which is why I noticed its always running

1 - 4 of 4 Posts