Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’m currently running the stock exhaust system on my 06 F350. I am looking into getting the MBRP PLM series 4” turbo-back system(model#MBS6212PLM). On the website it says I would need to retain the current cat, however some of the reviews say they had more pipe than even needed when they finished the install. I have no emission checks where I live and am wondering if anyone has any knowledge of if I will have to install my cat onto the new system, or if I will have to buy another pipe of the same O.D. to put in its place. It is a crew cab short bed if that helps. Thanks in advance!

· Registered
70 Posts
So I’m currently running the stock exhaust system on my 06 F350. I am looking into getting the MBRP PLM series 4” turbo-back system(model#MBS6212PLM). On the website it says I would need to retain the current cat, however some of the reviews say they had more pipe than even needed when they finished the install. I have no emission checks where I live and am wondering if anyone has any knowledge of if I will have to install my cat onto the new system, or if I will have to buy another pipe of the same O.D. to put in its place. It is a crew cab short bed if that helps. Thanks in advance!
I just installed the exact system on my son's truck couple weeks ago. There are 2 pieces of extra pipe included with the kit, one for cat delete and muffler delete. Word of caution, the end that connects to the pipe coming off the down pipe was to small to get a good fit, took and had it flared, they flared it to big and the clamp wouldn't tighten down. Ended up having to get a buddy weld the 2 pieces together. Yours might fit better.... it's fairly easy to install, I've never installed an exhaust before.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just installed the exact system on my son's truck couple weeks ago. There are 2 pieces of extra pipe included with the kit, one for cat delete and muffler delete. Word of caution, the end that connects to the pipe coming off the down pipe was to small to get a good fit, took and had it flared, they flared it to big and the clamp wouldn't tighten down. Ended up having to get a buddy weld the 2 pieces together. Yours might fit better.... it's fairly easy to install, I've never installed an exhaust before.

Hopefully when I receive mine it will fit as it should and I won’t have to dab anything up like your situation, time will tell! And I was under the assumption from the description of the system on a Xtreme Diesel’s website that it did not come with a pipe to bypass the cat, only one for the muffler, because it says you must reinstall factory cat and mentions nothing about a cat delete pipe. Is that the same description/ model number of the one you installed?

· Registered
70 Posts
Hopefully when I receive mine it will fit as it should and I won’t have to dab anything up like your situation, time will tell! And I was under the assumption from the description of the system on a Xtreme Diesel’s website that it did not come with a pipe to bypass the cat, only one for the muffler, because it says you must reinstall factory cat and mentions nothing about a cat delete pipe. Is that the same description/ model number of the one you installed?
Yes Sir that the exact same one I bought. They might not be able to "offer" cat delete due to EPA regulations, but it was in the kit.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes Sir that the exact same one I bought. They might not be able to "offer" cat delete due to EPA regulations, but it was in the kit.

That makes a lot of sense! When I asked them about it they kind of avoided the certain question about bypassing the cat. Kind of an unspoken agreement I guess. Thanks for your help! Much appreciated

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.