Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well sitting here waiting to hear back from bank, Trading in my 01 with 312k for a 06 CC DWD 4x4 has 210k. Would keep mine but needs new injector cups,new front wheel seal, new tires and new rear end lol. did not really want a dually but the 05 short bed is over priced by like 2k and the dually is under priced by 6k, So will see what happen and post pictures here if i get it before i drift off to the 6.0 forums lol

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
how much are they wanting for the 06? at that mileage they don't have that high of value, that may be why it is a cheap price... I'd be careful with a 210k 6.0, there is a lot of room to get yourself in deep trouble with a 6.0 at that mileage.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are asking 13999, Book at that mileage is like 20k

·
Registered
170 Posts
That was asking price on my 2004 with 140k miles. I know the front suspension is diff but still.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Yeah for 13k I wouldn't touch that. My buddy paid 17 for an 06 with 80k. The 6.0 doesn't havr high value because people are afraid of them. I wouldn't pay more than 7 for that truck unless its already studded deleted and tuned.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool thanks for the info, sadly when i buy has to be from a dealer so already know i will get screwed. wanted to sell mine first but damn finance company says ohh like two weeks to get title to new owner not many will wait THAT long, I have also noticed when looking trucks are a LOT cheaper in Texas then North Idaho

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
The truck my buddy bought was from a dealer. Find a lower mileage truck, at 210k there is huge risk for failures if it was correctly maintained. Have you thought about buying a vehicle from another state and having it shipped? A lot of people do that. Look at carsandpickups.com. guy is local to me and he sell a lot over the internet so they get shipped. He's also pretty cheap for what he has

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks will go look, Sadly have to be able to trade mine in to get it paid off and then their are the credit challenges to deal with. A low miles 05/06 4x4 here runs 23 plus 29 if lookin good tires wheels lift

·
Registered
170 Posts
I've dealt with them before tried to by my dream truck from em and they wouldn't work with me at all. Had a 2001 platinum that I wanted real bad but they wouldn't budge off the price. There's plenty of places here that will do everything over the phone. Bonham Chrysler is who I got mine from and they will do everything over the phone.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Yeah, op I just wouldn't risk that truck. With 210k on a 6.0 if it wasn't maintained you are going to run the risk of egr, oil cooler or hg failure. That's not worth the risk imo. I would also be cautious of buying a truck that has the banks/bully dog stickers on it, tranny has probably been beat to death.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I agree. I would fix the 7.3 and drive it another couple hundred thousand. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys, I was told on the 210k truck to get the plug in read out an test drive and watch a few things like engine an oil temp. Eli is pretty sharp and may even drive it and let him check it out also. If the deal is not RIGHT then will do some stuff to 01 and wait till next spring when prices drop here again.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Well good luck man, I feel your pain. I know someday my 2000 7.3L will be done:(

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well looks like the 01 gets to stay, which is fine as i do like it, now to do some research on doing injector cups

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Injector cups aren't bad at all. Good choice on avoiding that 6.0. In all honesty I want a 6.0 but I know it will have to be a lower mileage one or one I KNOW was maintained. You can get a higher mileage one for cheap, but then end up with a $5,000 bill to get the head gaskets fixed. Not worth it man, fix up the 7.3 and wait for the right 6.0 to come along.

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Injector cups aren't bad at all. Good choice on avoiding that 6.0. In all honesty I want a 6.0 but I know it will have to be a lower mileage one or one I KNOW was maintained. You can get a higher mileage one for cheap, but then end up with a $5,000 bill to get the head gaskets fixed. Not worth it man, fix up the 7.3 and wait for the right 6.0 to come along.
Ya I've been thinking abotu getting into the 6.0 scene also. I dont mind the mileage, since I'll do hg/studs/egr delete the first thing I do when I get it.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yea i am going to wait an maybe in spring get a 6.0 but one with hg done.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts