Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if any of you guys that have installed a Marinco plug for your block heater might have some pictures of where you installed the plug? I have read that some will drill a hole in the bumper and mount it there, but I was wondering if there are any other good spots to mount it without putting a hole in the bumper?

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
196 Posts
yeah I need to do this to mine also... are there local places you can get the marineco or does it have to be ordered online?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tried all of the West Marines that were in my area (Michigan right near Lake St. Clair) and none of them carried the plug. So I went ahead and got online and ordered it off of their website.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hope you didn't cut the end off yet...

Here's a link where they mounted it in the black plastic underneath the bumper: TheDieselStop.Com - www.thedieselstop.com
Hey I looked at these directions and they are pretty good except for ONE MAJOR FLAW......DON'T cut the plug off of the stock cord. I went to Home Deopt and purchased a HEAVY DUTY extention cord and plugged the truck plug into the FEMALE end. I then measured out about 3 feet and cut the cord. I then drilled my plastic piece and then routed the bright YELLOW cord and pulled it through the hole. Then you attatch the wires to the back of the Marinco plug. You should NEVER cut the factory stuff unless you absolutely need to. I have had mine on for 3 years now and when I run it with a timer, everything works great.....Check out the other pics listed on my webshots link below..

Attachments

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Only problem with that mounting method is that my truck does not have that piece of plastic/rubber that is underneath the bumper.

I will have to figure something else out.

Thanks guys,
Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts