Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The purpose of this thread is to share contact info between MAP members so we can have a database of information to go to in case of emergencies, breakdowns, and travel arrangements.

*EDIT*IF YOU DO NOT FEEL COMFORTABLE POST THIS INFORMATION ON THE SITE YOU CAN PM ME WITH THE INFORMATION. WITH THIS INFORMATION I WILL PUT TOGETHER A CONTACT LIST THAT I WILL PM TO THE MEMBERS OF MAP.
ROBERT S.
Specialization: I am not really as mechanically inclined or comfortable with working on these motors but can lend assistance to those in need and make a great pair of 2nd hands.
Tools: Basic hand tools but have access to a friend's fully implemented shop in cases of emergencies. I also have access to two car trailers if needed.
Occupation: College right now (Till May. In Westminster, MD). Summer will be working property management in the Hagerstown, Fredrick, and Southern PA areas.

*Also could one of the Mods make this a stickie? I believe that a thread like this will be very helpful to not only members in need but new members trying to locate other members in their area*

·
Registered
578 Posts
Justin Shepherd
Specialization: I do not have a whole lot of ability either. I am willing to help with anything I can. I have done gauges, exhaust, intake, basic maintenance, fluid changes etc.
Occupation: Purchasing/Estimating for Custom Home/Major remodeling projects throughout Anne Arundel, Prince George's, Montgomery, Queen Anne's County. Associates degree in Construction Management.

Sorry for stealing your template Rob but it works so well!

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No problem. Just put any information that you feel comfortable giving out. I don't want people to feel uncomfortable posting personal/sensitive information on the web. You don't have to put cell numbers or anything like that, but your name and specialization would be great.

Thanks!

·
Registered
445 Posts
Leon Bond
Location: Hagerstown, MD, 20-25 Minutes west of Frederick, MD
Specialization: I am not specialized in automotive however I have done basics like motor swaps, motor rebuilds, tranny rebuilds, etc
Occupation: Client Liaison Manager at FirstData. Work with banks that have merchants that accept credit cards.
Tools: Mostly basic hand tools. Have access to a garage and their shop full of tools.

Always have an emergency kit on board the truck (wife travels to NY alot.. rather be prepared):

ATF ; Batteries ; Blanket ; Boots ; Brake Fluid ; Bungee Cords ; Candles ; Car Jack ; Compressor Kit ; Duct Tape ; Electrical Tape ; Fire Extinguisher ; First Aid Kit ; Fix-a-flat ; Flashlight ; Funnels ; Fuses ; Garbage Bags ; Glow Sticks ; Help Signs ; Hot Hands ; Ice Scraper ; Jack Stands ; Jumper Cables ; Latex Gloves ; Lighter ; Matches ; Poncho ; Power Inverter ; Power Steering Fluid ; Rags ; Reflector Triangles ; Rope ; Shovel ; Stay Cons ; Tarp ; Tire Pressure Gauge ; Tire Repair Kit ; Tissues ; Toilet Paper ; Tow Chain ; WD-40 ; Wet Naps ; Work Gloves ; Zip Lock Baggies

Tool Kit: Adj Wrench ; Needle Nose Pliers ; Side Cutters ; Linesman Pliers ; Leatherman ; Nut Driver Set ; Vise Grips ; Zip Ties ; Rubber Hammer ; Claw Hammer ; Std & Met Socket Set ; Std & Met Wrench Set ; Phillips Screwdrivers ; Standard Screwdrivers ; Torx Screwdrivers ; Pry Bar ; Utility Knife ; Pliers

I also have access to a car dolly

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is a nice kit ya have there Leon. I might have to put something together to put in my toolbox just in case.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Some of the guys rag on me about how much I have in the truck.... they wouldn't be laughing when they call due to they need help I have everything on board to help them.... Like I said, with the wife and 4 yr old traveling to and from NY every month... I want to make sure I am prepared in case I get that call!!!

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Matthew Goolsby
Specialization: 6.4 General knowledge, removing the DPF/CAT, deleteing Regen, basic installation (CAI/Toque Tube/Nitrous Install/
Tools: Mostly basic hand tools.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I should know - but - what is entailed with being a MAP - how does one become a MAP member?

I myself live in North Beach, MD

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Its pretty much your geographical location (which your good in) and if your intrested in being a part of Mid-Atlanic Powerstrokers. We are going to try and meet up a few times a year which you should be around 2 or 4 events a year, ranging from wrench days-full blown powerstroke.org events.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Count me in! Put me on the list!

Do I get the MAP signature thingy for my posts too!

·
Registered
1,165 Posts

·
Slacker
19,118 Posts
It's now stuck in your MAP sub-forum.

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
Lets take these to PM's - Gools - can you collect all the data and let me know when you have it so I can delete everybody's address/phone # so it's not on the WWW ;)

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks Marty! And Evil Eye for making this a stickie.

·
Is it even worth it???
9,097 Posts
Guys... I'm glad to see that you've now taken the personal information gathering to PMs. Just a note about that. This forum is visible to guests. That means that anything you post in it is visible to anyone, even without a membership.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Anthony Denham
Specialization: Drinking beer and making you laugh :hehe: seriously im not real knowlegeable on diesels this is my first one but worked on a few on my buddies
Tools: Basic hand tools, Pops got a lawncare business though so I got access to his goodies too.
Occupation: The Army reserves right now in Kirkuk, Iraq will be home by June sometime then back to my wonderful job as a State of Delaware employee.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Chris Hunt
Specialization: Anything electrical or mechanical, welding, fabrication
Tools: I have access to just about anything exept a lift.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts