Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 1994 7.3idi non-turbo with a five speed. I was going to get some gauges on my a pillar, and I was wondering if the temperature on a manual trans is necessary. Any other gauges that anyone thinks I should need? For sure I am getting a pyrometer, however, I would like to put 3 gauges...any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I have a 97 manual that I was going to install a fuel pressure gauge pyro and boost. JJ

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
No, there is no need to get a tranny temp gauge for a manual tranny. The reason automatics need them is because they have a torque converter which makes a ton of heat.

I would get a Pyro, water temp, and oil pressure gauge. The ford factory gauges, water and oil pressure, are basically on off switches. For intstance the oil pressure gauge will go into the normal area when it gets something like 8psi of oil. After that it will stay in the same position even if its 100psi. They are really unaccurate. Like the water temp gauge will go to the hot position at 242* if I remember right...which is way, way to high.

Thats what I would get if I had a non turbo truck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts