Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 1995 F-350 one ton with a 5-speed manual trans in it. I have been having issues starting it and I think it is because the clutch sensor switch is going out. I have cleaned the wires connected to the sensor switch and it helped for a short bit. My question is, is it the clutch sensor or is it the starter and is there a way to bypass the wiring so I don't have to replace the sensor amd I can start my truck? The housing for the sensor switch is falling apart. Is there a way to hook up a tuggle switch or something to bypass the sensor?

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
A lot of times the bushing (and even the rod) in the clutch pedal linkage where it joins to the clutch master cylinder rod is bad (or flat out missing!). Look under the dash and see if there is a bunch of slop in that joint. If so, rplacing the bushing may solve the problem. Cheers!

·
Super Moderator
12,908 Posts
i agree with patrick. mine was doing the same thing the sensor was fine the rod was not

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
put a heim joint on it and never have to touch it again. Wish I could find the thread that mod was in.

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
A lot of times the bushing (and even the rod) in the clutch pedal linkage where it joins to the clutch master cylinder rod is bad (or flat out missing!). Look under the dash and see if there is a bunch of slop in that joint. If so, rplacing the bushing may solve the problem. Cheers!
Mine did this a long time ago, I ended up putting a brass bushing in it. It was a pain in the butt. The plastic bushing kept tearing up, no start.

Sent from my SCH-I500

·
Registered
246 Posts
I tore my switch apart and soldered the contacts together, now my cruise works and I don't have to use the clutch to start the engine

1 - 6 of 6 Posts