Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to buy a truck with the manual shifter on the floor and I would guess that it doesn't have auto hubs. I like the fact that it I wont have to deal with the vacuum actuated hubs but at the same time I like not having to get out to put it into 4x4. Any options?

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
I think you would have to change the transfer case? Not too sure...

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
What year truck is it.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I know that not everybody has problems with them but here in the rust belt the auto hubs just don't hold up so when I ordered my truck I spec.d the manuals. I lock the hubs in the fall and unlock them in the spring. I'll also unlock them if the weather's OK and I'm making a long trip. The only downside to having them locked is that it I loose a couple of miles per gallon.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What year truck is it.
Its a 2000.

I know that not everybody has problems with them but here in the rust belt the auto hubs just don't hold up so when I ordered my truck I spec.d the manuals. I lock the hubs in the fall and unlock them in the spring. I'll also unlock them if the weather's OK and I'm making a long trip. The only downside to having them locked is that it I loose a couple of miles per gallon.

Yeah,thats a good way to go about it. And yeah I HATE SALT on the roads, there had got to be a better way to melt ICE ha!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Yeah,thats a good way to go about it. And yeah I HATE SALT on the roads, there had got to be a better way to melt ICE ha!
I don't mind so much when they salt ice but NYS has a 24hr dry road policy. Within 24hrs of any snow fall the roads need to be cleared to dry pavement. I guess slowing down or I don't know, learning to drive, is too much to ask.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't mind so much when they salt ice but NYS has a 24hr dry road policy. Within 24hrs of any snow fall the roads need to be cleared to dry pavement. I guess slowing down or I don't know, learning to drive, is too much to ask.
I didn't know that, that's crazy! Sometimes it seems like thats their plan around where I'm at too!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts