Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK I know this has absolutely nothing to do with PSD or diesels in general but any help would be great anyways. As a couple of broke college students tryin to pay for college without student loans, a buddy and I are trying to come up with some ways to make money. We're a couple country boys who are used to only working for ourselves and have each had success with previous money makin schemes. However, our resources are lackin this time. If any one has got some advice or an idea that would be awesome. Thanks!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
any ideas?

·
Registered
125 Posts
As a couple of broke college students tryin to pay for college without student loans
:roll1: sorry really...:roll1: as one myself i just can't see how you could do it now a days without serious help from mom and dad or someone else. so far no one's helped me out and i've got the loans to show for it:cool:

a buddy and I are trying to come up with some ways to make money.
rob a bank;) that's the only way i can think of making enough money to not have to take out any loans:sorry:

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
OK I know this has absolutely nothing to do with PSD or diesels in general but any help would be great anyways. As a couple of broke college students tryin to pay for college without student loans, a buddy and I are trying to come up with some ways to make money. We're a couple country boys who are used to only working for ourselves and have each had success with previous money makin schemes. However, our resources are lackin this time. If any one has got some advice or an idea that would be awesome. Thanks!
what skills are in your tool box?

·
Premium Member
14,386 Posts
Armed Services - it sure paid off for me all these years later......course I had to go to war too but what the Army taught me in skills and discipline made all the difference, so you take the good with the bad. :D
Just my :twocents:

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
:agree: army or airforce reserves...they are doing great sign on bonuses right now. :agree:

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As much as I respect the military and all the men and women who serve I don't think its quite for me. We both seemed to have saved quite a bit for school and with help of scholarships we are making it but money is in constant demand. We were kinda thinking of doing something ourselves instead of traditional jobs. Our schedules don't really allow steady hours. Got enough skills to do alot of things (maybe not rob a bank though, might need a lil training). If ya got any ideas they sure would be helpful.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't think desperation has gone as far as the sperm bank...

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I go to school at Oklahoma State University in Stillwater.

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
I go to school at Oklahoma State University in Stillwater.
OH HELL YEAH! :woot
GO POKES I myself am a Cowboy! :gun: :cowboy:
My whole family graduated from OSU...Brother in Vet Medicine, Sister in Nursing, me in Construction Management. Dad,,...wel he actually didn't graduate but he went there for a couple years.
I had a friend that suplimented his income in Stillwater by being a male dancer.... :lol:
What i found to be pretty lucritive as far as money and being your own boss is to get you a good mower and trimmer and get some contracts to do lawn service for these larger businesses. Not residences - they hir cheaper paid illegal imigrant labor but hospitols and such like to help young american college boys trying to work through school. You can easily make 400-500 bucks a week (each) and still have alot of time for school.
In the offseason, do tree trimming, fertilizer/preemergent, flowerbed maintenance etc.
I used to do this for a little extra cash...in fact i still have my commercial grade Honda mower and it's for sale! Lots of hours left on it too! You can't tear up those Honda commercial grades.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah I went to hireosugrads before and they can be really helpful. I've looked into a few of them but haven't quite found one yet. thanks for the good idea though!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts