Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Sure, Buy a tuner and delete the system. Say good bye to your warranty and enjoy the tickets from your emission stations or epa.

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
Troll crossing

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Don't mind me
27,557 Posts
Sure H&S programmer and delete pipe. But like said above the warranty is toast.

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
I suspect the epa when I see threads like this. Jmo.

·
Don't mind me
27,557 Posts
He has ten other posts about his 6.7. How about the staff deals with it if we think it is a problem. Otherwise please treat everyone with the respect that has made the ORG great.

·
Made In America
287 Posts

·
Don't mind me
27,557 Posts
Come on guys we can see IP address and track them. Trust me we would know.

·
Made In America
287 Posts
:sorrysign:

That being said, you should utilize the search feature and you will find threads about how to delete the DPF. Just know that you HAVE to run a tuner, you delete without a tuner and the truck wont run.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
whats that have to do with smoke ?
Im new to DEF and diesel I figured that's a smoke eliminator but I could be wrong by the looks of it. Care to say what would make the truck smoke? Or what the purpose of DEF is?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sure, Buy a tuner and delete the system. Say good bye to your warranty and enjoy the tickets from your emission stations or epa.
Epa epa, spider pig jaja. Ah simple enough but im sure pricey. No emissions here =}„ gotta love NM, (about the only good thing of this state) I know yeah bye bye warranty but it could always be a long ahead the road mod =]. Its not a today or tomorrow thing, plus its my pops truck, that lucky man. Sure has worked for it though.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I suspect the epa when I see threads like this. Jmo.

Jaja more spider pigs ;] jk, good thinking. Never thought about that. But I wouldn't be the first smoker but a system was put in for that reason,

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
:sorrysign:

That being said, you should utilize the search feature and you will find threads about how to delete the DPF. Just know that you HAVE to run a tuner, you delete without a tuner and the truck wont run.
Once you said that I :facepalm: ed for not thinking of using it. I guess a straight delete wouldn't let the truck run like the reason it only runs or says to run 55? While its cleaning. So its kinda like tapped into the ecu? Dumb question yes yes but still gotta ask.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Epa epa, spider pig jaja. Ah simple enough but im sure pricey. No emissions here =}„ gotta love NM, (about the only good thing of this state) I know yeah bye bye warranty but it could always be a long ahead the road mod =]. Its not a today or tomorrow thing, plus its my pops truck, that lucky man. Sure has worked for it though.
Most of Utah doesn't do emissions testing on diesels either. That doesn't mean you can legally alter the emissions equipment on your truck. It is against federal law to remove your def, cat, dpf, ect.

And like the other guy up there ^^^ said, use the search function!

·
Don't mind me
27,557 Posts
Is the delete pipe just for the section where the DEF goes through? I've never gotten under to see the under side so im guessing that's even a thing. (What I said)
It is 160# piece of stuff under your truck that looks like a rocket when you take it off.

Thanks man. First staff encounter, to my knowledge, and its great,, +1
Thanks for the compliment.

·
Registered
966 Posts
I'm not here to judge or decide if keeping or removing your emissions is ethical or not. Do as you please.

Your question is how to make a diesel smoke. Black smoke comes from a diesel when it has excess fuel. It's basically unburnt fuel. Our modern engine have computers and sensor that are tuned to reduce the amount of un burnt fuel, They are designed to optimize what the injectors spray into the cyclinders. So even with the Particulate Filter removed, you are not going to see the big black clouds of smoke that see in the YouTube drag strip videos.

In order to produced black smoke, You need to change your programing so the injectors push more fuel into the engine, and by removing the DPF, you avoid catching that soot as it passes through the exhaust.

So it requires, 1. a programer to increase the amount of fuel the injectors spray and 2. removal of the particulate filter so none of the soot is caputred.

The tuners are usually installed to provide more horsepower, So they increase the fuel flow and turbo boost in an effort to create that extra power. I can't say that I've ever read a product brouchure for a tuner that stated their objective was maintaining the same power with more black smoke. Hence the warranty problems, since the trucks were not designed for the extra power.

State laws designate whether emission testing is required for your area. Federal laws require that vehicles sold have the equipment and provide for any penalties for removing it. Around here, We can now make complaints for trucks that produce large clouds of black smoke at a traffic lights. So if you happen to be in front of a concerned citizen when you decide to show off your black smoke, you can expect a ticket in the mail. Regardless of what part of the state you license your truck in. If you remove the system, I'd store it in your garage so you can reinstall it, Some day you may want to sell that truck and where ever it gets license may require the emission in place to register .

1 - 20 of 36 Posts