Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am driving to go pick up my girlfriend after work and when I get to her place I notice a puddle under my truck. Low and behold it is transmission fluid so I tell her that I have to take it home because I am not driving it like that or letting it sit somewhere an hour from my house. It was leaking like a drippy faucet and coming out of the inspection hole between the transmission and the rear of the engine. Would this possibly be a front main seal? in the transmission or something else? I have about had it with this truck because it seems like since I bought it I have had nothing but problems. Nothing against fords I just think I got a bad truck:dunno:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I picked it up from a guy over at defensivecarry.com. Btw, I think it only leaked out half of the fluid because the dipstick is still covered in it and it hasn't locked up yet.

·
Premium Member
3,578 Posts
What are the temps reading? Sometimes it the tranny gets real hot it can puke fluid out the front seal but after it cools down it might not leak anymore.

·
Premium Member
9,392 Posts
definitly front pump seal, like alabama frog said its usually an overtemp problem, and can quit when cooled off , the problem is the seal already has been damaged probably and needs to be replaced , what i usually do is , pull the trans, replace the seal, replaced the filter and drain all the fluid , refill the fluid and try and talk the customer into adding a second cooler, it is possible to have the stock cooler be clogged also ,and can cause overheat

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I am not sure on the temperatures because I don't have anything to read it out to me. Now I just gotta sweet talk my brother into taking my truck with him to work so he can drop the tranny for me. I am not gonna even attempt to do it out front with a floor jack and some jack stands. Bad things happen in 3's and I just had to replace the batteries and cables, now this. What's gonna happen next? lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts