Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
OperationSmile.org
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my buddy and I put new shocks on my truck today and a HPX crossover line. I got home from the shop and now I have a major *** oil leak. It IS NOT coming from the HPX line. It is coming from the bottom side of the motor. The entire under carriage of the truck is covered in oil and it drips while the truck is not running as well. It down 3 quarts or so so far. I need ideas. I am taking it to Swamps tomorrow. But I need to be prepared. I don't have the money to spend on this thing. Does anybody have any ideas? My oil pressure is still normal, no abnormal running conditions, temps are all good and power is still there. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
5,133 Posts
Look at the 3 lines that are attached to the HPOP. 2 coming out the drivers side, and 1 out the rear(towards the windshield). They have orings that will burst and you will lose a ton of oil ion a short period. Not hard to fix, and the 3 o ring kit from Ford is like 30 bucks.

·
OperationSmile.org
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HPOP is dry as a bone. I just wiped everythign off the best I could adn started it and while I was under there it started dripping from the cover where the trans and engine bolt together. Looks like a rear main to me.

·
OperationSmile.org
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fixed. HOX line blew an oring. I just took it off and put the plugs back in. was down 5 quarts this afternoon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts