Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help!!!! I just got done putting truck back together after doing the egr delete and new oil cooler. Started it up and it is leaking oil really bad in the valley but can't tell from where. Also running rough, which I'm sure could be from the leak. Only thing I can figure is my torque wrench might be bad. I torqued everything to spec. Didnt seem very tight. Tempted to just tighten it all by hand and cross my fingers. Also incase anyone is wondering, yes I did install new gaskets on the oil cooler and housing. I did reuse the intake gaskets. Any advice would be a great help. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
467 Posts
if its running rough, i would say possible the oil filter housing gasket.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I changed that too. Might be running rough cause it had just started. I shut it off pretty quick. Only ran for about 1 min if that. I just hope I can figure out where its leaking once I pull it all apart. I'm also worried if my torque wrench was off, is my intake not torqued right either. Possibly causing rough idle.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm thinking it must be not torqued down enough. Why else would it leak with new gaskets?

·
Registered
94 Posts
When I did my heads the first time I thought I would use cheap oil for the first couple hundred miles and then change it to help flush the motor a little. Truck ran like crap. Put in Mobil 1 and all was better. Just a thought.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts