Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This one finally showed up so now I can test it. Fit an finish is great which is normal for Magnaflow stuff. I'm testing the 60111 "49 state legal" CAT in 4" in/out. First I tested the 60011 "offroad" CAT 4" in/out and over all it was great. Here is the Link to that thread. I wanted to try this one for several reasons. First to see if it would control noise a little more over the 60011 which it did but the turbo whistle of the pmax is still very noticeable but with the edge taken off a little more. Second was the smell, virtually gone although the tail pipe heat is much more noticeable. With the 60011 offroad CAT or non CAT the tail pipe heat seemed to be the same. Also now at least I have something 49 state legal that I can swap between offroad and legal within 15mins. It didn't change EGT's at cruise or WOT at all. EBP pre turbo seems to be same as before also but I want to get more drive time on this but I don't thing it changed cruise or WOT. Anyways here are some pictures.

Edit: I just wanted to add that this testing is done with Id's non-inductive performance FICM tune, ID's custom ECM stock power, EGR disabled, Pmax tune in VXCF9NZ

Attachments

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Thanks for info. I have to put one on by January. They just started testing here.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
179 Posts
Albuquerque. I figured they would start testing here. They started last January. They do visual and check for codes.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I just wanted to report back on this and say I haven't seen any mileage loses or gains in BP with the 49 state.

I also emailed Magnaflow for HP est. on each CAT the 60011 (offroad) and the 60111 (49 state). The response I got was that they don't test their converters for performance since they are emissions pieces. But that they do flow 10-40% higher than factory units.

·
Premium Member
179 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Maybe have it flowed compared to a stock 4in pipe to see the difference?
It would be interesting to compare a stock to both the 60011 and 60111 and a straight through section. The bigger question I would have which a dyno could find. Would be to test each one on a dyno and to see when they start to become a issue with power production. At this point I find the stock intake filter compared to even a drop in airaid makes a notice difference even at a stock power level tune, where neither CAT does. Another nice thing I notice is since I have a Powermax and the added fueling I normally even with a stock power tune would be a light "puff" of smoke when tipping quickly. With the 49 state this is gone even when I lug it down towing or just hills the normal very light smoke is gone. I took the converter off to check how things looked inside and it's surprising how much cleaner the outlets are over the inlets. A little more drive time and I'll be going up a few notches in tuning to see what affects the CATs have on things.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, it's still on the truck, looking good and working. I still haven't seem a pre turbo increase in backpressure or a increase in EGTs cruise or WOT. Also I like the fact that my rear quarter doesn't get sooted up over time. I'm sure at some point it will be a flow issue but I haven't found it yet on my truck. I use this weather or not my EGR is enabled or not also.

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
This is good news !Do you run any fuel additives ? I run XDP treatment + 2 stroke oil
at the moment , but I would imagine the oil will have to cease for fear of plugging the cat .

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I use motorcraft fuel additives antigel for winter and normal during non spring, summer and fall. I also use revx every other oil change as a added measure. I haven't had any issues to date. I've also run this with and without the EGR operating

·
Registered
358 Posts
Quick question, was there any need to expand any of the piping on the exhaust system or cat converter to make the converter fit?
I'd like to be able to just cut out a small section of my FloPro 4" exhaust and just slide this thing right in and clamp it down.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Mine slipped over the 4" pipe on both ends . I slit it at each end (about 3/4") and tried flat clamps so I would at least have a chance of removing it later . Wouldn't work so I welded
it in. Next round on my other truck I've already bought 4" v band clamps and rings (weld on) from
PPE .

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'll post a picture later when I can but I just cut 4 slits in each end and used band clamps. It's still holding on just fine, however if I was sure I would never want to remove it I would've welded it in. Overall it's had no negative affects on anything.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Sweet! Thanks! This is good news. Should be easy to do then.
I'm really getting tired of the smell and hope this will help out.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.